chokes

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

chokes

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:31 am

what brand of choke tubes do you shoot for skeet before i shot cyl but i want to buy a pair of skeet chokes. Im looking at comp n choke, browning dina grade and a couple other. has any of you used them or what chokes do you use?
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:49 am

I havn't really been hard pressed to use expensive chokes for skeet just due to the range that skeet targets are broken. Because I shoot an over and under for skeet I do use an extended choke for the game as they are easy to remove without wrenches. Cyl and Skeet have always been my favorite constrictions for skeet.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:15 pm

did you use a certain brand or just stock chokes
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:45 pm

Sometimes half and half....I use carlsons mainly for clays as well as I have some extended brileys and hastings. Because skeet targets are not far away I prefer to shoot very very open chokes on skeet. Factory chokes are ok also but most manufactures do not sell a cylinder choke or a skeet II choke with thier firearms so I bought after market for these constrictions. The cool thing about aftermarket is they offer alot of other options as far as constriction. In addition having extended chokes allow me to change without choke wrenches which comes in very handy indeed on sporting clays ranges.
Citori12

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:00 pm

which citori do you shoot. i shoot a ultralite 20 but i want these chokes for the other im going to be shooting which is a white lightning 12.
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:36 pm

I shoot a White lightning 12ga, and a Ruger Red label 12ga. I like the Ruger for upland as its a little lighter to carry. The white lightning is the mainstay, however depending on hunting situations I may change to a sp-10 or 11-87. For clays I like the White lightning as it has less felt recoil than the ruger as its a 1/2 lb heavier and I have a nice wide variety of chokes. I highly recommend the Browning white lightning for a fine clay and field gun.
Citori12

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:34 pm

When i shoot 12g, i just use the factory beretta chokes. I have my o/u tubed for the 3 other gauges, and they are Brilley, not interchangable.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby wood duck » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:41 pm

people tell me im crazy for this but the only choke that has ever been in my gun is a full i just am used 2 shooting with it
wood duck
hunter

Postby thaner » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:58 pm

I have extended chokes in all my target guns and may field guns just for ease of changing. I like the extended for better patterning in the guns that have the shorter chokes like Rem Chokes and Invector/invector plus. In my Berretta 12 686 is use Seminoles in cyl. and Sk. They are matched to the bore and pattern a little tighter than most factory chokes. In the small ga. Browning’s I shoot I use Skeet in both barrels. Most of my guns have Trulock chokes; they are reasonably priced and good quality with outstanding customer service. In singe barrels I like just plain old skeet choke. Now in my M2 I can use the cyl choke it came with and break skeet target just fine, but most guns take a skeet to get good hard break the longer shots in the middle and the second target in doubles skeet. Love those white Lightning’s; they are may favorite :thumbsup:
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby thaner » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:00 pm

wood duck wrote:people tell me im crazy for this but the only choke that has ever been in my gun is a full i just am used 2 shooting with it

I am with the people :umm: open up that choke and you will hit more unless your a trap shooter and them more power to ya :thumbsup: However, a good round of skeet with a full choke in everyone’s gun is fun and I do love vaporized targets :yes:
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Target Shooting