UPS truck stopped by.....

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

UPS truck stopped by.....

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Well I finally bought two bags of wads to try to get a perfect 100 at the HDCP after all these years.
I have tried many powders and hulls and it finally comes down to these wads in the Remington STS hull.

The last few years I have been cheap and have used the soft rosin CB wads that leave plastic streaks in the barrel,
which is not a bad thing if they can get you good scores but I want just a little better performance out of my loads.

Only bought a 1,000 wads just in case they dont work out but people that shoot with me say that the extra virgin plastic does not leave plastic in your barrel and patters improve with this wad. I will be testing them in my 2 3/4Dr singles loads and my 3 dram HDCP loads to see what happens and if I get harder hits and more birds.

All I know is, they sure are PRETTY !!

Sagebrush
hunter

Re: UPS truck stopped by.....

Postby 3200 man » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:45 pm

The way it looks , you mite have to load those with rocks , as there isn't much lead shot around ?

Those are some purrty-wads , Sage !

OK , I'll go back into my cave !
3200 man
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

They look like Spolar wads. I have used Downrange wads in my Federal papers, they work good. :smile:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 am

OK SAGE , what's the verdict ? We're waiting to see the trophy along with the results of that load .

3200 man
hunter

Return to Target Shooting