Cheap factory load preference

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Favorite Low budget factory clays load

Federal Top Gun
29%
Federal Field & Target
14%
Remington Gun Club
43%
Remington Game Load
No votes
Winchester Super Target
14%
Fiocchi
No votes
Rio
No votes

Total votes : 7

Cheap factory load preference

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon May 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Rio is cheap at Natches but I am having an issue with the last case I purchased. So I might be staying away from it unless they resolve the issue to my liking.

My favorite is Gun Club just because they claim it is loaded with the same components as STS and in my guns it shoots great.

I just listed a few of the most common ones I see on the ground at the local clubs.

What is your favorite and why?
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Cheap factory load preference

Postby 3200 man » Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 pm

I also shoot Rio's in the 1 1/8 oz load at 1200 fps , they work great in my guns also . The thing is , you don't know which one
is best in your gun until you pattern them ,or , others to findout . I do know , you get what you're willing to pay for !
3200 man
hunter

Re: Cheap factory load preference

Postby Sagebrush » Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 am

Bought Estates since it was cheap and every store has then, until the prices went up,up,up.
This hull also needs MORE POWDER to get the same fps than the tapered hulls and needs the
straight wall wads for best patterns and velocity.

Was given four boxes of Rio 1 1/8oz 8's for a sporting clays shoot and they did well and my barrel looked
like it was not used !! Very clean powder and no wad marks. Great stuff for not made in the USA ammo.

I try to use Remington Gun Club, since it is made in the USA.............shots well and ..........................
can be reloaded with 209 primers and standard wads and powders. Not so with the Rio hulls.

Remington,
since I reload, with products made in the states...........
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Target Shooting