Need a bit of assistance.

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Need a bit of assistance.

Postby Michigan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:38 am

I am pretty new to the game of sporting clays. I find that after a while of shooting, when I bring the gun up, the butt ends up more often than not on the outside of my shoulder rather than in the crook of my arm where it should be. Any pointers as to how I can quit doing that??
Michigan
hunter

Postby jumpshooter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:31 pm

all I can say is practice practice practice
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Postby thaner » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:42 pm

:withstupid: Try tucking your gun under your arm in your arm pit and making your mount so the gun move out and up to your face in one move with you shoulder raised and in shooting position ahead of the gun. This should help get everything in position ahead of the mount and keep the gun in line. To start practicing this start with the gun mounted and then keep your head and everything in position and drop the gun straight down and back into your arm pit area. Keep the gun level so it moves from aim point to pocket without changing the angel of the gun. This should help keep the mount a simple move and accurate placement. It may also help to have a little more length in your stock for sporting clays; some times a ¼” shim under your pad is all you need to help keep those short stocked hunting guns from wondering around too much.

If you need some help let me know. You are not that far away. You can even come down to my club in K-zoo for some work on 5-stand on Thursday nights if you like.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Michigan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 pm

Thaner I would be willing to take you up on that. I can't make it this week but maybe next. I get out of work at four usually does that work for you??
Michigan
hunter

Postby thaner » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Works for me. I just need to find a week that works. Maybe 12/14. I'll PM you.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby tjkellyc4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:11 am

if all else fails just go to a trap range. have your buddy pull for you. just wait untill the rock is in the air, then focuss on placing the but correctly and follow the rock the best you can. after a while of trying you will find that it just tends to happen more often than not, even when you aren't thinking about it.
tjkellyc4
hunter

Return to Target Shooting