Great way to pop off some rounds

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Great way to pop off some rounds

Postby gahunter » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:32 pm

My buddy (who just got back from Iraq) and I went to do a little shooting this morning and had a ball. We went to some of our property that has an old school bus hunting camp. Y'all know what I'm talking about, where an old bus is converted to a camper by ripping out all of the seats and putting in beds and a stove and sink and electricity. I bet is was really cool back in the day, but now it's just a hunk of garbage. Back to the original story. We got some of the old pots, pans, beer bottles, plates, steering wheel, coffee maker, etc and set them up in the bus as "terrorists". We then ran in and cleared the bus of bad guys. We did it one at the time with 2 clip fulls each. we tried to put 2 rounds in each target as quickly as we could. It was a blast. We actually did some good shooting too. We then moved off as far as we could (60 yds) and busted them with his sniper rifle. I highly suggest this to anyone who loves to shoot. I can't wait to do it again. Next time we will probably take shotguns and buck shot. :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby fabes468 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:34 pm

yea that sounds like it would be fun. glad you guys are having some fun :thumbsup:
FABES
fabes468
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:04 pm

I always wanted to have something like that to be able to go to rippin em off. I may just have to go down to the local city auction.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:24 am

We are thinking about building a little 3 or 4 bedroom house to do this in. It would be cheap and easy (like I like my women, sorry Huntingwife) :laughing: . We would just use old lumber and some ply wood. No roof and no floor. Just basically some walls and maybe some old furniture or something that we could bet for free. You might want to try something like that. :thumbsup:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby tjkellyc4 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:17 am

I have an old shed that is very small, you could prolly squeeze four golf carts into it if they were all touching and side by side. there is a hole in the side and there are pipes running across the top. at night the starlings roost in there by the hundreds. my brother and i go in there from time to time with an assortment of different weapons. alls you have to do is turn on the spot light and the birds are blinded and cant find their way out. talk about a blast!!!!!!! one thing we have learned though is that you have to wear a pair of goggles or else you cant keep the feathers out of your eyes. LOL. it is a great time and its hard to quit laughing once it is over.
tjkellyc4
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:11 pm

lol... sounds like fun tj. only next time, try not to bring up posts that are almost 2 years old, just make a new thread instead.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Target Shooting