Sporting Clays

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Sporting Clays

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:30 am

I just recently switched from a 12ga to my 20ga 11-87 for Sproting clays. What a lot of difference. Much lighter to carry, Next to no recoil and only dropped 2 more birds than I usually do. I am shooting a Mod Choke in the 20 just like I do in the 12 and was wondering if I should go to an IC choke in the 20.

This club does have some long shots and some of those (woodcock) tiny targets and with only 7/8 oz shot I am concerned about pattern density.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pro-Hunt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Carry your chokes with you and switch them around at each station as needed. :thumbsup:
Pro-Hunt
Banned

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Pro-Hunt wrote:Carry your chokes with you and switch them around at each station as needed. :thumbsup:

We poke fun at those guys all the time. They stand there watching others shoot and then when it is their turn they are busy changing chokes. :thumbsdown:

We shoot for fun and our group plays around and has a great time with it. if it is an A-B you might get a true pair or you might get B-A. You just never know what to expect. and We are not concerned with shooting 50 out of 50 and our group usually averages about 42-45. so the hassle of changing chokes would take away from the fun. Sometimes we have a "full choke" day and 2 weeks ago we had a "coach gun" day that was about the most fun so far this year shooting sporting clays with cyl bored coach guns.

I was just curious as to what the 20ga shooters prefer as a choke for sporting clays.

"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby atwoodflash » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 am

Try a Light Mod it is in between IC and Mod
atwoodflash
hunter

Return to Target Shooting