Duck Hunting Forum banner

Emmet County Clay Busters

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Trap.Enerson 
#1 ·
With two months till trap season, I would like some tips on preparing for the season. My predictamint is I'm trying to beat a very good shooter and my normal average is just a few clays under his... I need to be at the top of my game to compleate this. So, any tips or tricks?

#3 ·
take a lesson form a qualified instructor.. i'm not a trap shooter but shoot skeet and sp clays on a regular basis. Its tough to up your average a few birds especially if you have been shooting the same game for some time. New shooters averages go up quickly as they learn then plateau

#4 ·
Soggy Socks said:
take a lesson form a qualified instructor.. i'm not a trap shooter but shoot skeet and sp clays on a regular basis. Its tough to up your average a few birds especially if you have been shooting the same game for some time. New shooters averages go up quickly as they learn then plateau
Ya its hard when the avg is already at 45....
I hit 46-48 pretty regular but when I do that he hits like 49 or 50.. :clapping:

#6 ·
You have the 1 oz. #8 at 1180 fps.......... light recoil ( #9 skeet )
the heavy recoiling I 1/8 oz. 3 dram at 1200 fps with 8 or 7.5 lead pellets (Handicap)

or you can master the 1 1/8oz. 7 1/2 lead pellet at just 1145 fps that will do it ALL.........................
just a matter of learning the amount of lead for the yardage the clay is at !!
No blown patters with the lower speeds, also.

At the Anny Oakley or 27 yard $5 in the cap fun shoot...........
My slow load would have the fast load guys pulling their triggers, just as the clay would break, thinking
that I missed the shot. Got to love it !!

You can use #8 pellets when starting out, but they are only good to around 50 yards.

High scores........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.