Wife won't shoot before audience at range

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Wife won't shoot before audience at range

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am

Family is another thing tho. She will shoot around them, and not care about missing.
I'd been talking about getting a clay bird launcher, and as soon as my wife knew I'd set aside enough to get one, she and the son and daughter and their spouses got me one for an early Father's day prize!
So I have a Raven Do-All.
Easter night my Son-in-Law found me a wobbler compatible with the Do-All for $80 cheaper than sold at Cabelas, and that is now on the way.

I'm thinking we'll put up the pavilion canopy Saturday afternoons, and set up the Weber BBQ along the banks of the Snake river across the street from the house, and kill clay 'til we're in tears.
I may never get the wife in a duck blind, but she'll know how to shoot that little 20 gauge gas auto she has by the end of the Summer I believe!
So the words Fall and Autumn are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Wife won't shoot before audience at range

Postby 3200 man » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 am

Hopefully those targets you plan on throwing are the Bio type sold at Walmart ?
One of my favorite fishing spots was littered with Pitch targets by a unknowing soul just having a little fun .

Fs ......I can offer you a little advise in the use of that clay target thrower ? They work much better if they are weighted
down ! I've seen their ability greatly improved when the machine was mounted to a tire and rim , also to a piece of 3/4"
plywood that was staked-down on all 4 corners ! Another friend of mine , practicing different shots with his kids , just
leaves his in the back of his truck but with 4 straps , tight'ens it down on the corners so it can't move with each launch !
3200 man
hunter

Re: Wife won't shoot before audience at range

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Good ideas Larry,
But I have four large bags of tube sand I had in the bed of the truck this Winter.
I believe two or three of those could stand up to a Nuclear blast!
So the words Fall and Autumn are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Return to Target Shooting