First 25/25

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

Re: First 25/25

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:14 pm

i shoot trap with my 870 the same one i hunt with! no shame brother! but the highest on 16 yard trap (or any trap) is a 23
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby asmythe32 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:46 pm

a guy we hunt with used to shoot with his camo gun at the range. All the old guys with the expensive over unders used to make snide comments about his gun, and then he would out shoot them with that gun, so dont worry about that, If you shoot well with it, thats all that matters!!! :beer:

That guy is still the best shot I have seen with my own eyes, he makes some amazing shots, it is a joy watching him shoot, something to work towards for me!!
asmythe32
hunter

Postby crispy8034 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:41 pm

A couple years later and I finally got around to shooting another 25 :grooving:

Shot 25, missed the first two of the next line, then hit the next 23 :huh: Oops! Happy shooting everyone.
If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time and for no good reason.
crispy8034
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Wed May 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Guns might help out but it is what is between your ears that breaks birds !!

On many big shoots , I could get inside a guys head and mess with him and make him miss a bird or two...........

Practice, finding a load and choke for your range for maximum patterns and concentration ,is the secret !!

I have used an old winchester .410 I cut my teeth on when 14 years old and is 1 1/2" too short for me and an old 20Ga. side by side that my father got for me back in 1963 and even though they both suck in the stock/sight plane for me , I can get half the birds back at the 27 yard line. Learning the "Gun" and where it patterns is 25% of the game to high scores. How to hold the gun,
cheek pressure,hip swing,weight balance,stance and house position is anothe 25% of the puzzle.

Way to go on the 25......................
Now that you mastered the basics, 50 is just down the line............

Good shooting.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 pm

I've been shooting skeet for about a month now and shot my first straight 25 today, felt awesome! I'd come close so many times with 23's and 24's that I thought I'd never get over the bump. My heart was really pounding at station 6 because that's the last station I ever have problems with, and on the double the high house was nearly to the out of bounds and I hit it so light that I thought I had missed. I shoot a spray painted 870 express with a trulock black cloud improved cylinder, and 7/8oz handloads going 1450fps. I didn't have my hat today.. Go figure.
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Postby crispy8034 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Congrats vertical! :beer:

I've never shot skeet before. I want to do some 5 stand but somehow work, social plans, and housework have kept me away from the range almost alltogether this summer. Damn :rolleyes:
If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time and for no good reason.
crispy8034
hunter

Postby Quackie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Good for you. Congrats :thumbsup:

I shot my first 25 straight in 16yd trap a few months ago in a tournament. Nobody noticed because there were plenty of other shooters shooting 25's. My club offers badges too but i never got one. I Shot in a wobble trap tournament a month later and got my first 25 in wobble. I ended up winning that one with a 94/100. The guy running the event commended me for winning with an 870 and told all the other participants who were using O/U's and autos they should feel extra bad about losing to a guy with a pump gun. :grooving:

I love shooting my 870 against old veterans with nicer guns. I don't sense that the veterans look down on me, but I do think they underestimate my shooting ability because I show up with a pump and cheap store bought shells (rather than reloads) and a camo DU hat.
Quackie
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:36 am

Whats the significant about the shooting of the hat?
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:47 pm

It's just something traditionally done at some ranges... Since I started shooting skeet this spring my game has come a long ways... After my first 25, I started piling them on... I lost count how many I've shot since then. Some professional instruction goes a long way too, I have to give all the credit to the ones who sit there on the range with me all the time helping me out! I have not gotten a 50 straight yet... although I've come close a few times. The closest I got was the very last target, and I blew it!
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 am

I noticed a 25 patch is given are there more like 50,75,100 etc.? basically what I want to know is what are the "levels" or challenges that one can complete and can it be done at anytime or does it have to be a scheduled event?
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Previous

Return to Target Shooting