My new Coyote Gun, and very pissed off wife!!

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

My new Coyote Gun, and very pissed off wife!!

Postby ORdraketaker » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Well I finally sold my old pick-up the other day. I told the wife I was going down town to get a canopy for the new pick-up. I was on my way down when some unexplainable urge came over me to go buy a new coyote gun. I went bye the gun shop honestly just to look, but walked out with a new Remington R-15 .223. I was very excited, but when the wife saw what I bought, I can honestly say I was scared. You would of thought she caught me cheating she was so pissed, ive never seen her like that before, and hope I never do again. After getting my butt ripped on how we could of bought a new TV or couch with that money (both of which I dont think we need) I went out and shot it, and all I can say is, it was worth it. It is so fun to shoot, and it's so accurate!! Here's a picture, wish I could have one with a coyte in it, but out of 6 sets today, nothing showed.
Attachments
100_0275.jpg
"Shoot em' in the lips"
ORdraketaker
hunter

Re: My new Coyote Gun, and very pissed off wife!!

Postby phutch30 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 pm

both of which I dont think we need)

LOL one could guess she felt the same about the gun.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby Leadhead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 pm

surprised you didn't have a picture of the "wife" after that discussion. they get like that over such things as guns, boats, trucks, yearly lease dues, and alot of other stuff. she will get over it one day, maybe. I would sleep lite for the next couple of days.
Leadhead
hunter

Postby Major Woods » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

I've got the same one, gun and wife combo :yes:
Thousands on the boat.
Hundreds on decoys.
Time away from the wife....priceless
Major Woods
hunter

Postby Johnny Vegas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

"need" is a very subjective word.....besides can your TV hit a small target at 500yrds? I DON"T THINK SO!! ....unless of course its a plasma.....then maybe.
Johnny Vegas
hunter

Postby TopGunMich » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Hunting is a sport and helps you exercise and stay healthy. Does she not want you to be healthy and live long?
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby Decoy King » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Very nice gun.
Decoy King
hunter

Postby TopGunMich » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Does Remington make them? Or are they Bushmasters ??
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:52 pm

TopGunMich wrote:Does Remington make them? Or are they Bushmasters ??

Remington Arms Company, Inc. one of the nation's oldest continually-operating firearms companies, is being acquired by an affiliate of Cereberus Capital Management, L.P. The $370 million dollar acquisition includes the assumption of all of Remington Arms Company, Inc.'s liabilities and product lines.

Remington CEO Tommy Millner released a statement characterizing the transaction as "an acknowledgment of the Remington tradition, its strong brand, and the excellent products built over 191 years."

The acquisition gives Cereberus two gun companies, Remington Arms and Bushmaster. Sources familiar with both companies say Remington will quickly add an AR-style rifle platform to complement their M24SWS Sniper Weapon System while Bushmaster will likely add signature branded ammunition and products.

Pulled from another forum.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby imaduckin up north » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

sounds like jack and the beanstalk, swapped cow :fingerpt: for magic beans. id hide the bullets
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:26 pm

worth it haha :thumbsup:
Coleman24
hunter

Postby rcdinaz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:13 pm

Nice gun! It should provide a LIFETIME of fun.

We have a system at my house:

I have no idea why we have to repaint or wallpaper a perfectly good painted wall, why coach lights need upgrading, what good make-up is, why anyone needs 12 pairs of jeans in the same brand (all of which I am told make the wearer look fat), how getting your hair done for only $100 is a good deal, or why wood floors, good china, and a dining room are necessary.

She has no idea why chrome, guns, fishing rods/reels, golf clubs, boots, calls, camo, sunglasses, GPS, and boats cost so much and why they are necessary.

So we don't argue about these things anymore. Although I do occasionally get the look still :no:
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby dave_pronto » Sat May 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Nice rifle, give it time and hopefully she will get over it. :yes: :yes: :yes:
dave_pronto
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 am

Your best bet is to go right out and buy something else hunting related. Or a case of ammo, anything as long as it is a borderline "big ticket" item, in the $300-$600 range. Make sure she knows it AFTER the purchase is made. Act like it's no big deal. "What the problem?" "I needed a new 9.9 hp. outboard".
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby MIAZquacker » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 am

very nice gun! I am trying to figure out what I am going to get when I get home from my deployment. I have had the wife experience, but I had bought a mosin nagant for $70, so she got over it pretty quickly, but I had bought a Beretta AL 390(which we had talked over and had been approved) the day before. My arrangement is that I buy my guns/toys at a good price which I know I can make a profit on if we need money and I have to sell. I would recommend buyin her some flowers, it never hurts as a peace offering.
MIAZquacker
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:34 am

Pics of pissed off wife please? Just want to compare to mine so I know what to look forward to...................
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:06 am

[quote= I would recommend buyin her some flowers, it never hurts as a peace offering.[/quote]

My wife calls these Fu@k up flowers and I would be in more trouble if I tried to pull this one. I am remarried and my wife said my first wife was a good practice wife. What I have learned is that I will pay these bills and you will pay these bills. You will never see one of my paychecks and I know you dont know one gun from another. AHHhhh life is good!!!
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:32 am

MIAZquacker wrote:very nice gun! I am trying to figure out what I am going to get when I get home from my deployment. I have had the wife experience, but I had bought a mosin nagant for $70, so she got over it pretty quickly, but I had bought a Beretta AL 390(which we had talked over and had been approved) the day before. My arrangement is that I buy my guns/toys at a good price which I know I can make a profit on if we need money and I have to sell. I would recommend buyin her some flowers, it never hurts as a peace offering.

Sounds like she understands 4 letter "S" words like Shop, Sale, Save etc................ lol As long as you can get it on sale it's OK, right?
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby ramsfann » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm

If my wife can get over me buying a house without her seeing it then I'm willing to bet yours will eventually get over the gun.
EARTH FIRST, I'll Hunt The Rest later
ramsfann
hunter

Postby Benellipup » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:07 am

I have a Girlfriend and the first thing i told her before we started dating in the summer was listen your real test is during hunting season, if you can deal with hunting coming before you most of the time we will be in good shape.. needless to say were still together. there are some decent girls out there! (just purchased a Benelli Supernova this offseason)
Benellipup
hunter

Postby nhcruffler » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:19 am

You have to buy a rifle to get her p od like that ? All I usually have to do is walk through the door :lol3:
nhcruffler
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:48 pm

i have a plan that works for me, when i want to buy a gun or decoys i just go buy my wife something with diamonds. problem solved :thumbsup:
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby Benellipup » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 pm

With the Diamond purchase you could have baught another gun!! or camo outfit man! lol but I guess we have to do whatever it takes to get that gun of ours right?!
Benellipup
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 am

I think it's a question of priority. If when you give her her new car ( or something equally "respectful" that replaces the new one you bought her last year) you mention that you could have bought an arsenal of new hunting equipment that is direly needed and perhaps you could get a new duck call with the money left over from your "treasure chest" after spoiling her rotten even though she does come first on your priority list, maybe, just maybe, you would get that new duck call but only if it's covered by the "S" factor or is on clearance.
I would love to see a pic of her holding that new rifle, in front of her new car of course!!!!
Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Postby premoj » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Very very nice gun!! Almost all of my major purchases do not come without some sort of complaining from my fiancé. The way I see it, it is better to ask for forgiveness that for permission. Just think you won’t have to listen to the complaining when you are out using the very necessary piece of equipment.
premoj
Newb

Next

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum