Varmits

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Varmits

Postby bigpapalanyards » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am

Im looking for someone around north west louisiana to mid-state that needs varmit control on their land. Beavers, nutria, bobcats, hogs, coyotes, alligators, snakes, rabbits or pretty much anything bothering you. Ill come take care of it free of charge. I worked in wildlife management for 5yrs+ so i have experience in varmit control. I work in the oilfield and i just need something to do in my off time. So if you need any help with these varmits please email me at cajun_bowhunter07@yahoo.com or text/call me at 318-268-5788. Thankyou
Big Papa Lanyards
"Go big or Go home!!"
bigpapalanyards
hunter

Re: Varmits

Postby aggiechiro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:49 pm

so basically you want a free place to hunt?
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:18 am

If it is kept to the problem critters, he would be saving the person hundreds of dollars to hire a WCO. A fair trade off.
Ive set traps before for $ as a WCO and Ive set traps before for free as a favor to the persona nd for me to just get the traps out. Not a living, but better than TV
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:16 am

most folks i know enjoy shooting these things themselves. and bobcats, alligaors and hogs? people will pay you to come shoot those.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby nhcruffler » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:49 am

I would suggest putting an add in the local news paper or if they have a free weekly type add paper. I am sure you will find lots of work. I do wildlife control part time and I have had to cut back because it takes up too much time. I have gotten permission to hunt some prime spots by swapping beaver control for people though. Now I do not want to sound like a know it all but I was watching Billy the Exterminator just the other night. They said that there are only a few people licensed to deal with gators in La. . I would check with the State Fish & Game to find out if you need to be licensed and what exactly you can and cannot do. My sister in law is living in Shreveport (?). I may just go visit her if you say you will take me out hog hunting :smile: Remember, Yankees DO NOT make good gator bait!!! :lol3: Good Luck, NH
nhcruffler
hunter

Postby bigpapalanyards » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:08 am

yea there are some older farmer around my area that would much rather get someone to take care of the problem than do it themselves. Plus most farmers around here have huge ammounts of lands, swamps, and ponds that they need help gettin it all done. I used to work on a conservation farm and did all the trapping and the varmit control and the owner said just to keep wat i killed for my payments. Yea you have to have papers to catch gators and im in the process of gettin some license soon to catch nuisance gators. PLus Billy the Exterminator is a joke...hes from the next down away from me so i see him all the time and his so call "clients"...one place here in town called him for a "snake problem" and they problem was they said they had a rattler in the house but he pretty much brought his own is wat i heard. So thats just TV for ya i guess lol
bigpapalanyards
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum