What to do?

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

What to do?

Postby Sir Big Spur » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Whats up guys, I'm sure there has been a post or two on here about this but searched and came up with nothing.

Just wondering, my buddies got a coyote problem on his cattle farm and wanted me to help out a little. So, what do I do with them when I kill them? I've heard of selling them to a fur dealer, but I dont want to go through the trouble of skinning them and all that jazz, and would rather not just let them lay but if thats my last option, I reckon I can do that.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Re: What to do?

Postby JustinNH » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Thats about it... wouldnt want to eat them, almost no animals will eat them in a bait pile... either toss'em or skin them.
You may be able to sell green if you have a furbuyer close enough to you. Or maybe the taxidermy market...
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby Sir Big Spur » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:36 pm

okay, so tossing them in the woods is the plan.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 am

Contact your local trapping association and ask them when they do fur auctions. You can freeze the yotes whole and sell them whole. You won't get top dollar for them that way but you'll at least get some gas money. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JTrottaNY » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 am

Dont waste them! Call around and ask who buys whole animals. A buddy used to sell them to the Amish. Also ask the local taxidermists if they would accept them maybe you can earn some credit towards a future mount.
JTrottaNY
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum