Bobcat sighting of all time

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Bobcat sighting of all time

Postby FMFdevildoc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 am

I've been on an epic mission to get a buck in an area I know well & have scouted extensively. With our early (July) over-the-counter archery deer season, it's 80-90+ degrees by noon sometimes.

So me & my friend "Sicily" Joe are glassing the meadows, cover & shade / bedding. areas... Only to see something absolutely amazing.

A bobcat leaping along, full bore through the underbrush - we had eyes on him long enough to see him GRAB A QUAIL MID - AIR. It was a sight to watch, once he nabbed up the quail, he was long gone. I've known there are bobcats here for a while, Ive called for them and have never been successful. In 2 years of regular, dedicated predator. calling in Colorado & New Mexico I only called in one... that hung up at several hundred yards out. I just don't see them too often, even when targeting predators and hoping for one.

We didn't get a deer, yet being able to watch a bobcat do work through my binos was really great.
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Re: Bobcat sighting of all time

Postby TomKat » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:37 am

This thread is useless with out pictures....:)
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby FMFdevildoc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:07 am

You're absolutely right, pictures would help a great deal.

Perhaps we can convince Swarovski or a fine DHC sponsor to set me up with some optics / integrated digital camera system.

All I had was my android phone camera, which stays in a Pelian dry box. I figure after my 3rd replacement phone, two victims of last duck season... I ought to keep my $300.00 phone clean & dry. Hopefully, someday soon I will produce pics of billy bobcat with a 223 hole in him
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:12 am

FMFdevildoc wrote:You're absolutely right, pictures would help a great deal.

Perhaps we can convince Swarovski or a fine DHC sponsor to set me up with some optics / integrated digital camera system.

All I had was my android phone camera, which stays in a Pelian dry box. I figure after my 3rd replacement phone, two victims of last duck season... I ought to keep my $300.00 phone clean & dry. Hopefully, someday soon I will produce pics of billy bobcat with a 223 hole in him

I bet it was neat to see. I am looking forward to the day you post a dead bob cat picture, happy hunting-
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 pm

TomKat wrote:
FMFdevildoc wrote:You're absolutely right, pictures would help a great deal.

I bet it was neat to see. I am looking forward to the day you post a dead bob cat picture, happy hunting-

We have to have (or at least we used to need it) a tag for bobcats. Also to fmf, how do you not see them often? My dad and I see them all the time during rifle season. We came up within 30 yards of one and may or may not have tried to shoot it.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum