110 Body Grip

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

110 Body Grip

Postby aboz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 am

Hey evryone, this will be my first season tapping, I have scouted out some good runways to trap muskrat thi coming season, but am looking to but my first bodygrip traps. My question is where is the best place to get 110's for a beginner? any perfered websites, or Ebay? what do you expierenced guys recomend.
take em
aboz
hunter

Re: 110 Body Grip

Postby alanwebfoot » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:55 am

just google them or ask around about fur buyers in your area.Never saw any on ebay but you may try craigslist
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby side-slippin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:43 am

they are readily available on ebay, but craigslist definately is the place to find good deals. how far are you from ontario? there is a guy there who sales traps at a pretty reasonable price. also if you have any fur buyers shops or trapping supplies stores around, ususally they are decently priced. rntpost.com is decent also
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby mitchmc » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:25 pm

check out minnesota trap products.. great products and great service.
YOU GOT TO BUST UM IN THE LIPS!!
mitchmc
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 am

snare shop is where i get most of my stuff.
I have a new mink spot that I can't wait to trap.

besides two beavers, all I normally get are possums, skunks and coons. Still new to it all and don't set many traps, but it is still fun.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby phutch30 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 am

MTP is a great place.

Justin- When I first started trapping in NH there were no possums. I remember catching my first in the early 80's and wondering what it was. LOL
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

For trapping dry land, I have probably trapped 10 or so possums, 20 skunks, and a few coon.
I see TONS of dead possums on the road every year. I did read an article about them moving up north. I guess even just recently they have only been in the southern part of the state but now have moved farther up.

Ugly looking at first, but I don;t mind them now.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am

Holy-crap! I just looked at trap prices and my pile of old traps is worth enough to buy me a new shotgun. I can't believe how much they cost now. I paid top-dollar for my traps and got them over 20 years ago. I'm in sticker-shock from looking to see how much a 110 conibear costs new.

Now I gotta ask.. has fur-prices went up enough to justify the additional costs in fuel and traps etc.
How much is a muskrat going for?
Mink?

If you're going to trap muskrats you better be ready to catch some mink. You can't run a water-line for rats and NOT catch mink imo.
I always set my sets with two traps in case a mink tried to eat my catch. I started doing it that way the first time I found a muskrat that got ate. A mink will start at the "vent" and eat his way inside and all you got left is some fur and bones. Finding a rat that's ate and NOT catching the mink will make you angry.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Jkling12 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 am

Big rat around here is $5 and big coons are $8-10.
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"
Proudly made in the USA
LeakyW8ers wrote:It would be like sleeping with my best friends wife, it may feel good at the time, but is going to get awkward really quick.
Jkling12
hunter

Postby side-slippin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:44 am

trapper friend of mine averaged $7.10 for rats last year; majority were double XL though.
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby trapperDev » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:40 pm

I have caught muskrat befor i used a live cage trap though, i set it in a over flow drain that whent to the other hlaf empty pond. For bait all i used was some carrots and lattuce, i caught the rat in three days after the land owner had been trying to catch it for three years
trapperDev
Newb

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum