Places to hunt bobcats in CA

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Places to hunt bobcats in CA

Postby G.Simpson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 pm

I would like to hunt bobcat before the season ends February 28th here in California. I do not know of any places on public land that you can hunt bobcats in CA so does anyone know of any? Or does any one know of any guided bobcat hunts or private land available to pay to hunt on? You do not have to post here so if you don't want the info public feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
SGT "FREEDOM!", PVTs "ITS NOT FREE!", SGT "FREEDOM!", PVTs "ITS NOT FREE!"

Proud United States Army Soldier
G.Simpson
hunter

Re: Places to hunt bobcats in CA

Postby quiksilvern7 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey, the number of bobcats in CA has greatly decreased and I think there is statistics on how many ahve been harvested in CA in the last 10 yrs somewhere on the DFG website. Ive only seen two in the last 7 yrs while I was turkey hunting and predator hunting in norcal and around the foothills. I am sure there is some BLM land near the foothills that you can hunt, also some of the reservoirs have legal hunt areas surrounding wilderness areas that are only accessible by boat. Weve been looking the last few yrs whiel predator hunting, but have only seen them during other seasons. Check for public areas in and around del puerto canyon also, good luck hope this helps!
quiksilvern7
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum