Did we go calling ?

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Did we go calling ?

Postby Duplex lover » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 am

Sun shine 40* and Light winds . YOU bet we where calling. We had 3 coyotes hang up at 500+ yards, we took a "HO my God " shot at three more on a prairie dog colony, and we had 3 come in to play. The set we got the dog ,was a split coulee ,my boy set on one part and I set on the other. We had our ear buds on and could talk. Called 10 minuets and had 3 show at the opposite side. There was a Big trail that came down and split on the bottom,one way to the boy and up the coulee I was on. The big alpha dog ran in to the coulee and the other two "Dogged" along the top, he turned up mine. If I had not been there they would have worked the way way around and would have spotted the truck and split. BUT there I sat two on a ridge and one just under me at 183 yards. They didn't see me till I touched off the trigger on the 22/250. The big Male kicking on the bottom and they other two peeled off before I could get the next shell in. $65 bucks...I did some inventing during the week. I HATE to carry the stinky coyotes and you can't drag them,with out lots of snow, if your going to sell the hide. SO, I made a "Coyote drag bag" I took a peace of plastic tarp and sowed a peace of heavy net on top , put a draw string on it and grommets on all four corners. I have a strap with clips and clip it to the back and away I go. Now I can "Drag" them out with out hurting the hair. It all folds in to a very small package and fits easily in to my coyote vest. SWEET !!!!

The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum