Mink in the chicken houses.... need help

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Mink in the chicken houses.... need help

Postby SPAR » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Ive been having some chickens killed due to a mink. Ive been trying to trap them but haven't had any luck. what kind of bait should i use?? thanks
SPAR
hunter

Re: Mink in the chicken houses.... need help

Postby Baymen Moe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Chicken :yes:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Re: Mink in the chicken houses.... need help

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 am

Sorry this is so late. Open a can of tuna about 3/4 of the way. Get the tuna in oil. Spill some of the tuna oil around the trap and put the can inside. That will lure him in. But this would really depend on what kind of trap you are using. If it's a cage trap this would work easily. If you're using a foot trap it will probably still work. I would also suggest looking around your yard and coop for places where the mink is getting in. If you find where he is crawling through a fence, you could use a snair or a connibear if you want to take a chance killing some cats. Another great bait is sardines in water or oil. They love fish!
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum