Tagged gator!

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Tagged gator!

Postby darrel from meraux » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:11 am

While bass fishing close to my house I was throwing a top water popper and I had an explosive hit. Well turned out to be an alligator. I got him in and removed the hooks and noticed he had tags on his back feet in between his toes and his tail was notched out. Well I wanted a tag bad but didnt know if it was legal so I snapped a quick pic and released him tags intact. The gator was about 4.5-5 ft long. I did some research and found out that there is a tagging program for gators in louisiana and it's just like a duck band. Well, thats all I had to hear. I now want to buy a tag from somewhere just so I can hang up by the picture. Has anyone else ever caught a web tagged gator? or know anyone that I might be able to contact to buy a tag from?
darrel from meraux
hunter

Re: Tagged gator!

Postby wvugunner92 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 am

Lets see that picture! :yes:
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Postby darrel from meraux » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Heres a pic
Attachments
gator.png
gator.png (388.56 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
darrel from meraux
hunter

Postby darrel from meraux » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 am

Well, for those who are interested I recieved my tags this weekend from LDWF. Along with the tags I recieved two informational packets containing large ammounts of information from the start of the program to current changes and events. After reading through I've learned a great deal on a species that I usually dont put much thought into and Im thankful to have a highly sucessful program that most other states don't experience.

Follow this link for pics!
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/ ... &id=156073
darrel from meraux
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum