All I ever do is hunt

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

All I ever do is hunt

Postby Duplex lover » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm

I looked on the puter Tuesday and saw the wind was going to be down so I set up a coyote hunt...
I took a kid ( every body is a kid to me )I work with and did a Highway hunt out toward Stanford.There is a bunch of State lands that cross the highway that way.We started on the Highwood highway in Red Coulée, great looking spot till a crew showed up to put in optic cable,we didn't stay there long.Next there is some just past Rainsford,there again great looking spot,just no coyotes.Lots more the closer you get to Geyser,we did a lot of sets on land we normally don't call One spot we split up , I was calling,Didn't see anything so got up and went to where The kid was sitting about the time I got close he shot. I had not seen the two coyotes that where coming in, he fired a few shots as they were running away,crap should have had the two ways...Did some more sets around Stanford and had one come in then leave before we could get a shot even he was way out but we saw him. It continues to be a tuff calling year. Geyser and Stanford had snow on the ground and it tried to snow when we where there but the wind was light. It kept switching around and made it MORE challenging to make a good call.Today I talked with a guy that was out at Widow Coulée ( big Eddy,Missouri river) Saturday and he said they Got several very nice walleye and turned back several that where small, no bass but a few Pike one 6 pounds. they had one BIG ( something) hit and cut there line too,HUMM. I have never seen any fish down there this time of year before but with the strange weather it may be...

The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum