Keeping secret hunting spots secret

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Keeping secret hunting spots secret

Postby Duplex lover » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 pm

The other day a bud and I found a prairie dog colony that is under 30 miles from town. We have some ,kinda ,all over but most are 50 to 100 miles away.I'll let some of the other "Buds" in on some of them but only the ones we have to walk in to a long way or a long distance to drive. Most are to cheep to spent the time and gas to use them But the rare one I have ,that are ease and fairly close I try to keep just for our family. It sounds like a loosing proposition BUT in Montana you can ,you would be surprised how few people know where they are. I took a friend in to a spot that was almost all ours once and latter he took his kid No problem, but now the kid and all HIS Friends and there Friends go out there and shoot the place up. Eventually it will get closed up.My Boy works all summer and can't get in to hunt with me so I'm always looking for "BUDS" to go with But, well you see my dilemma.This one I found and I'm considering showing it to a few other people, They all start out promising not to tell ANY ONE but it always get leaked out.Gophers are everywhere prairie dogs are a bit more special and ones that NEVER get shot are priceless. Whats a guy going to do. I do take the granddaughter out and the daughter-in-law ,that keeps it in the family but there is a LOT of times I would like to shoot with some one I don't have to "Take care of". I hate going out by my self.Ideas ? :fingerpt:

The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Re: Keeping secret hunting spots secret

Postby TomKat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Well sir, this is a pretty easy problem to me.

Don't tell a soul. Keep it to your self.

Problem solved.

The KKK has a saying when someone asks us about a hunt- "they were shot in an undisclosed location in central Kansas".

If you ruin your own spot, look in the mirror at who did it to you. Don't blame anyone else. I just told you how to protect your spots. Are you strong enough to do it?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:33 pm

:lol: :lol: that's funny right there. I've kicked myself in the ars for telling people and taking them to some good special spots. I've even had people follow me on the refuge. When you find a new spot, keep your excitement in and don't tell anyone. I shot a woody which is hard to find in Utah. Took a buddy, he killed every single one of them. So what I do now is pick a crappy spot and tell them that's where I go like everyone else. I've even taken a friend to the crappiest place to hunt because he wanted to go where I got my limit last week. Can't trust nobody!
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:57 pm

"that woodie was killed in central Utah"

There ya go bud, no need to lie :biggrin:
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby MNWaterfowler22 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Sad but oh so true...hunting spots are hard to come by these days no matter what there for. If you find a good one keep it to yourself and don't tell anyone. At times I even dislike telling my own brother about hunting spots and he's family for fear of him blabbing to someone! Good luck
If that doesn't light your fire, your woods wet!
MNWaterfowler22
hunter

Postby HonkQuackBang » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 am

The 3 things you DONT speak about are

Religion
Politics
Hunting Spots!

Simple enough
HonkQuackBang
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum