The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek

Postby Duplex lover » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 am

The Mega Amp coyote call from Cass Creek,any one use it?
I just ordered one from over stalk.com at under $35 / no freight. If there is ANY thing of value here it would be worth the price. I have a Mini Predator call but in any kind of wind your shut down. My Boy has a Fox pro 5 that is the ONLY caller in my mind, but he has it with HIM . I do 90% of my calling with him but the other 10% I felt I needed one a bit louder. It's coming today and I will try it tomorrow evening . Just wondering what any of you thought.
???????

http://www.casscreek.com/store/p/359-Mega-Amp-Coyote-Call.aspx
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Re: The Mega Amp Call from Cass Creek

Postby Duplex lover » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 am

Well a report;

IT WAS HOT!

So was the temperature...

I went out by Carter and tried out my new Little call. The wind was fairly light most the time it was around 7 mph but a few times it was more like 10 and around 97*,no bugs. The first set;I was set up an a high spot covered in tall grass looking on to some small brakes and tall spring wheat, more wheat then grass. The wind was moving around a lot but mostly a side wind. I had my new home made decoy blowing in the wind to my left, an further review it should have been Up wind on my right. I called for 40 minuets with "Nutten" I tried all 10 calls the last one a Female howl, I got a response,two dogs WAY out up wind. I kept calling they kept calling back and getting closer. When I saw them They were working closer in the long wheat, they would jump up to see as they came. I was high enough to see them a little better. I could see they where looking at the decoy not at me. As they cane closer it was evident they where going to work past me for a down wind approach and my sent would hit them way before they would turn and come in. At this point I'm doing just a rabbit call off and on and there right at 300 yards. When they hit my sent cone the froze and looked right at me. I had to try NOW,I did. The closest of the two looked like it was only 250 the 22/250 is "O" at 200 so I put it dead center on it's shoulder and shot. It was like on TV A big tuft of fur in the air and feet in the air. I swung to the farther one and it was moving now, I tried 3 shots and only spurred it to run faster. Bummer. I gathered up my crap, tried to find the brass,only found 2, and headed to where I thought I say the coyote fall. I looked in the but high wheat for a half hour, no blood,no fur,no coyote. Dang it. I know I killed it dead I just was not finding it, I left. A few more sets and more Nutten. The last stand found me at our dent bridge spot. I walked in from the south side of the state land it put the wind in my face better. I called for a few with nothing, I tried a Crow in distress. Low and behold I saw movement to my left Right where I had walked in. Of all things a BADGER coming right to my decoy. He was about 5 feet from it when I shot him. At 50 yards the 22/250 really kills a badger... It's a first for me. I don't know if it was coming to my crow or if it just was happening by, I'm going to call it Skill!!!!

The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Postby Green Head Tew » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am

I have that very same call. I haven't used it much. What kind of decoy do you use? Nice job on the badger.
"The perils of duck hunting are great....especially for the duck." Walter Cronkite

Indaswamp wrote:Choot...I got a new terrorist call prototype I'm working on. When you blow into it it sound like this....".ULEE LEE LEE LEE LEE...."
Green Head Tew
hunter

Postby Duplex lover » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Green Head Tew wrote:I have that very same call. I haven't used it much. What kind of decoy do you use? Nice job on the badger.

It's home made out of a fishing pole section, pheasant tail feather,3 different color plastic shopping bags on a spring and I made a bottom that comes off and folds up. Looks odd but seams to work...
:thumbsup:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum