Shot my first coyote today!

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Shot my first coyote today!

Postby dwhite16 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Shot my first coyote today. They are becoming a real problem in the area, today was the first time they have been shot at. Only had that single come in, he hauled butt to the call, we were up on top of our barn for the vantage point. He stuck out like a sore thumb from up there! Used a foxtrot electronic call and shot a .243, it was a quick shot because the grass was so tall. A little far back but he died quick. :thumbsup:
The whole point of this post was the picture, but it wont let me upload it, sorry. :no:
dwhite16
hunter

Re: Shot my first coyote today!

Postby Duplex lover » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:57 am

Your pic is to big I make all mine 800X600 pixel ( resize it )and never have a problem, or hoste it at Photo bucket.
I'll bet the 243 punched a BIG hole in it. Welcome to the dark side when you get your 5th coyote gun and your third E call you will be hooked for life... :eek:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Re: Shot my first coyote today!

Postby ohtajj » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 am

Shot my first one a week ago. Called him in to 97 yards and he started getting a little leery so I figured it was time to take the shot. Image

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2
ohtajj
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum