Help Choosing Elec. Caller

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Help Choosing Elec. Caller

Postby dwhite16 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 pm

I am searching the market for a electronic caller, not more then $300. I've looked at a few but I've got some questions....Using it just for predator calling.

The wildfire 2 is on the top of my list, but how loud does the single speaker get? I really like the FOXBANG and the remote setup.

Primos alpha dogg looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure about the battery time, 8 AA is a turn off too, also the way the remote is programed looks like a hassle the wildfire remote seems way simpler.

Primos turbo dogg? what do u say?

If I'm missing any please give me some advice. Your personal experience with these or other callers would be great!
I would like to buy it soon..
dwhite16
hunter

Re: Help Choosing Elec. Caller

Postby Duplex lover » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:23 am

:thumbsup: YOU will NEVER be sorry wit any of the FoxPro products. Just get the best one you can afford!!! :thumbsup:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 am

I use hand calls myself but if I do go to an E-caller it will surely be Foxpro.
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby duckstopper333 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Check with FoxPro, I think they used to sell refurbished units. As far as the batteries go I bought 8 Tenergy rechargeable AA's recently for my Fury and although they are a little pricey I was able to get more than 15 hours (5 days calling @ 3 hours a day) before recharging them. They might have gone much longer, but I didn't want to take a chance.
duckstopper333
hunter

Postby dwhite16 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Im going to go with the wildfire. I like that its easy, and cheaply upgradeable. Foxpro has a better assortment of sounds in my opinion. I wish I had time to buy it online at allpredatorcalls so I could pick my own sounds, just don't have the time.
Thankyou for everyones input, hopefully I can whack a few next week! :beer:
dwhite16
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum