Dead coyote load users a question for you?

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Dead coyote load users a question for you?

Postby loon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:26 pm

I picked up some dead coyote load 3 1/2 inch 12gauge 1 5/8oz 1350fps Tshot i'm going to be using it in my super Black Eagle I want to do some patterning but at the cost of the stuff I want to at least start off with what most of you have found works best. So what Choke do you recommend? How far away will this stuff kill a coyote? My plan was to set up my gun with what you gentlemen recommend and then pattern with that. Is 50+ yards a possibility?
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Re: Dead coyote load users a question for you?

Postby Bernie P. » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:54 am

Your best bet is to check here- http://www.predatormastersforums.com/fo ... hreads.php
Lots of Benelli shooters there.For the most part 40-45 yards is about as far as you can get consistent kills on coyotes with any load.
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby thomashamm2 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Hevi shot makes a choke for dead coyote. Its apparently good to 75 yards with that choke but id be max 50 yards with the choke.
thomashamm2
hunter

Postby derbyacresbob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:35 am

Yes 50 yards can be done pretty regularly with Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote T shot loads. I use a IMP/MOD choke with all of the different denser than lead loads that I use on coyotes.

Most of the denser than lead loads pattern very tight so I don't use my Dead Coyote choke or my full choke when shooting the denser than lead shot.

I prefer the Rem Wingmaster HD BB or the Federal Heavyweight #2 shot over the Dead Coyote T shot or the Rem HD Predator T shot because of the denser patterns.

The Winchester Xtended Range B shot waterfowl or B shot coyote loads are 12g/CC just like Hevi-Shot is and it is about $2.00 to $3.00 per shell cheaper.

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/products.asp?cat=12560

Check out the above link for the shells listed below. They also have B shot coyote loads.
Winchester Extended Range High Density Waterfowl 12 Ga. 3" 1 3/8 oz #B 100 Rounds Ammunition Md: SWXR123B
Foxpro Field Staff
derbyacresbob
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:09 pm

thomashamm2 wrote:Hevi shot makes a choke for dead coyote. Its apparently good to 75 yards with that choke but id be max 50 yards with the choke.

Last time I checked their site that choke was not listed there.I'm pretty sure it has been discontinued or at least for the Mbergs 835/935 guns.Carlsons has a coyote choke made for HS ammo and Kick's has their Howler H also for use with HS ammo.
Bernie P.
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum