How things change!

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

How things change!

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:39 am

:mrgreen: I think it is really funny how somethings change like peoples attitudes towards trapping/hunting. For instance last fall an aquaintance of mine was telling me about the beavers buuilding a dam on the brook that boarders her back yard and how much she enjoyed watching them and other critters in the waters that they had backed up. Then she told me that she didn't want any-one trapping them as they were so nice to watch I laughed and said that she would change her mind before too long. Now less than a year later she is begging me to come and trap them out as they have cut down her ornimental trees and shrubs and flooded her back yard. The same thing has happened with hunting geese. A farmer we approached a few years back that said the geese were safe on his place now wants any and all geese shot because they have polluted his pond to the point that he can no longer water his cattle from it. Funny how things change isn't it. :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:10 pm

man aint that the truth...

:salude:
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Cobra » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:46 pm

Same thing goes for Coyotes. Caught a lot of crap from co-workers for hunting them over the years, now they see them in suburbia eyeing their precious little doggie from the other side of the fence. Then they're mad because no one is doing anything about it, not much I can do inside the city limits. Oh well that's the way it goes. Ditto on the geese, really messes up a golf /bumper pool course. Reading the breaks is rather tough, and they aren't about to touch it. Also have had beach closings at times due to high levels of fecal bacteria on a lake they want to close to all waterfowl hunting. Funny the way the "anti's" change their tune when it actually effects them.
Cobra
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:23 pm

thats funny. once they start causing them grief. its time to get rid of them.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:17 pm

Some of this really is hilarious. Worked in a hospital for ~20 years. Had an anti hunting, anti fishing, anti trapping/fur vegetarian doctor that actually offered to pay for my deer doe tags and buy me the shells. He had 4 deer/car accidents in a little over 2 years driving to work.
Cobra
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:04 am

:mrgreen: His average is better than most hunters for killing deer.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum