Coyotes and Deer

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Coyotes and Deer

Postby Danawrestler » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:14 am

Does anybody else have a problem with deer coming into predator calls? I always happens even with calls like chicken distress and cottontail distress. They always end of sneaking up on me and scaring the crap out me. It happened to me all the time in Minnesota, so I thought it might be a Minnesota thing, but I went out once in Nebraska and the same thing happened.
Danawrestler
hunter

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:22 pm

Holds true fairly often in Michigan too with distress calls, they are just curious. Also they like to come around and into a goose rig in the middle of a field when we're doing some heavy calling. Every now and then they'll stand on the outside edge snorting and wheezing, then get mad and start pawing the ground and jumping up and down, think they want them out of their field. Histerical to watch.
Cobra
hunter

deer and dogs

Postby mjlduckman » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:41 am

I have the same thing happen about 75% of the time here in Washington, i've gotten some pretty cool footage of does that come running in stomping and snorting.
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:48 pm

Ya I had that happen to me also before. I didn't know what was up! It happens about 60-70% of the time.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ambushem » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:46 pm

Normal thing here in MT, usually happens every third stand, end up getting a deer to stand at the edge of the meadow and look my way...lol..
Ambushem
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum