friggen A

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

friggen A

Postby longlakesd » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 am

I got a trap stolen this morning it was a crappy trap so i thought i had set and had some wire instead of a steak to hold it in. There were some fox track there from a previous day so i set it hoping to catch the fox instead what happened was i got a coyote which i didnt expect to happen so it ripped the wire and took off with my damn trap!
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I always use more wire than I think necessary now. I had that same thing happen to me. If you use a single strand of wire it is very easy to break if it gets bent over and over the same way. For yotes and fox I wrap the wire around a tree (the middle of the wire) and take the two tag ends and wire them to my trap. Losing traps sucks, I had one stolen from me by the road workers. One went down by the bridge I guess and ran off with a #1. If it hasn't rained I'd try looking for your trap. You might be able to track the animal because your trap might ruff up the leaves.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby phutch30 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 pm

First off never ever use wire to anchor a canine trap. Always use a stake.
phutch30
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum