What and how to replace

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, ajmorell, KCDuckMaster

What and how to replace

Postby steelslinger » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 pm

check engine light came on in a 04 ford Explorer, went and put it on the hand held at Auto Zone. They said it was the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit showing high pressure. What is this and how do you replace it.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Not NC


Re: What and how to replace

Postby fowl_wishes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:34 am

first off, do ya know what and where the fuel rail is?

Not being condescending, just asking. :thumbsup:
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
User avatar
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: What and how to replace

Postby steelslinger » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:51 am

fowl_wishes wrote:first off, do ya know what and where the fuel rail is?

Not being condescending, just asking. :thumbsup:



Understood and my answer to you is not in the slightest, I have done some basic stuff such as O2 sensors but have never heard of the fuel rail
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Not NC

Re: What and how to replace

Postby fowl_wishes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:22 am

The fuel rail is the fuel supply for the fuel injectors?

Can you locate your fuel injectors? There should be one for each cylinder. Mounted on teh intake on the inside edge of the valve covers. 3 on each side.

Once you locate the fuel injectors (you may need to remove some covers to see them well) you can find the fuel rail. That is the assembly sitting on top of the fuel injectors with the fuel line plugged into it.

On the fuel rail there should be a "sensor" with a electrical plug on it. That should be your fuel rail pressure sensor.

That is the basic location. I cannot tell you right off the top of my head what to do to test it or exactly how to change it.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
User avatar
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: What and how to replace

Postby Montanafowler » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 pm

i'd suggest getting on fordforum dot com and search the DIY section, there should be a writeup on it.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Re: What and how to replace

Postby steelslinger » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:58 pm

fowl_wishes wrote:The fuel rail is the fuel supply for the fuel injectors?

Can you locate your fuel injectors? There should be one for each cylinder. Mounted on teh intake on the inside edge of the valve covers. 3 on each side.

Once you locate the fuel injectors (you may need to remove some covers to see them well) you can find the fuel rail. That is the assembly sitting on top of the fuel injectors with the fuel line plugged into it.

On the fuel rail there should be a "sensor" with a electrical plug on it. That should be your fuel rail pressure sensor.

That is the basic location. I cannot tell you right off the top of my head what to do to test it or exactly how to change it.


Doesn't sound like a job for a beginner. I guess it will go to ford and I will pay an ungodly amount for that. They say everything happens in 3's. My truck is totaled, my explorer is having issues and I am just waiting on the 3rd.
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Not NC

Re: What and how to replace

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 am

Clear the code first and see if it comes back, sometimes rail pressure sensors have hicups and once you clear the code your good to go.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
User avatar
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:52 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona


Return to Vehicle forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests