Ford or GM

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Ford or GM

Postby MerganserSlayer21 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:35 am

Just wanted to see what yal's favorite Automobile Company is. Mine is Ford, i got a 2008 F-350 and a Shelby GT i bought a few years ago. Cant wait for the 2011 super duty to come out.
Generation Wild Pro-Staffer
ABC Calls

"think like a duck not a hunter"

Lodge & Guide Service Owner
MerganserSlayer21
hunter

Re: Ford or GM

Postby ajmorell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

IMO it's a toss-up. Both make a darn good vehicle IMO. If I were going to buy a new truck it would either be a Chevy 1500 HD or a Ford Raptor. My family has always been Blue-Oval but I have driven both and not seen many more problems from one than the other.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby GoldHunter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 pm

That Raptor is a sweet truck!!!! :eek:
GoldHunter
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:00 pm

GoldHunter wrote:That Raptor is a sweet truck!!!! :eek:

You think it's sweet now wait until they debut the new Ford 6.2L v8 in it! :thumbsup:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby OrangeLake » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 am

New stuff, probably Ford for the fact of the bailout and I think they've finally realized they can't make garbage and get away with it anymore. Mid 90's to mid 2000's, Chevy. Earlier than that and I think they're both pretty good.
OrangeLake
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Gas'r-5.3L Chevy
Diesel-5.9L Dodge
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lameduck » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:05 pm

Ford- just because they did not partake in the bailout.
lameduck
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Neither, but if i had to choose it would be the Ford, id buy a Vespa before a GM, and i grew up a Chevy fan.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby FranknBeans » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 am

an F250 with a 7.3L and I would be set for a long time :bow:
Tree Huggers can kick rocks.
FranknBeans
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:21 pm

Yep, Ford made a mistake when they went to the 6.0L
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby GoldHunter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:59 am

Jarbo03 wrote:Yep, Ford made a mistake when they went to the 6.0L

And the 6.4...heard they have a new Diesel coming out next year.... :help:
GoldHunter
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 pm

GoldHunter wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:Yep, Ford made a mistake when they went to the 6.0L

And the 6.4...heard they have a new Diesel coming out next year.... :help:

Off topic but early 6.0s are bad but I'd trade my 7.3L for a 6.4 and day of the week and I love my 7.3. The new one is a 6.7L, ford ditched International and is now making their diesels themselves... Ford all the way!! My family has a whole lot of them. I learned to drive a stick on a 1931 Model-A pickup (grandad has 4 or 5 of them), my dad has had 2 explorers with 200K on them with no problems, grandad has a 6.4L, uncle has a 95 F150 with 250K with stock motor and trans etc... You'll never hear me knock GM, well maybe for fun, but i think they both make quality stuff and I have too many friends that drive chebbys and dodges that are still going strong to say bad things about them. My buddy is a dodge guy and his hemi ram has 210K on the original motor and trans and it'll still haul, his dad's 2500 cummins has 300K with no problems. I think alot of it comes down to how you were raised, I'm a blue oval fan just like i'm a Volunteers and Braves fan. You can get a lemon in all of them though.
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby jasper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

It would depend on what I'm buying it for. For an every day driver I like a 1500 Chevy for the ride and the interior. For a work truck it would be a Super Duty. That being said I think both companies make a fine truck and no matter who makes the truck it will have a problem or two. If there was a perfect truck out there who wouldn't drive it???
jasper
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:38 pm

I like my ford expedition but for cars I'll still stick with my toyota's.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby andrewg » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 am

Gotta love turbo charged diesels :) Great torque. Speaking of Toyota I think their Hilux truck ain't to bad...
andrewg
Newb

Postby shoot-n-goose » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Nothin but GM in our driveway. I drive an '01 Silverado with a 4.8L, brother has a '06 Sierra with a 5.3L, and mom drives a '05 Suburban with a 8.1L. Both my sis and dad have G6's.

Only person in the family that I talk to that drives ford has all diesels
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I have recently drove Ford, GM(chevrolet) and Dodge diesels, all 4 door short bed 4x4's as I am considering buying one, Personally the GM has a LOT more get up and go and just feels better in the power and handling / ride quality than a ford but the dodge interrior has them all beat IMO. I just I do not care for the interrior of the ford but I like the solid front axle and the looks of the Ford better as they sit higher than the GM's they all have nice features but for me it comes down to who will give me the best deal, Dodge offered about $2000 more for my trade and their trucks are less than ford and GM but with my dads GM discount it evens it out and I am about $8000 less than a equal fully loaded Ford.

I have reviewed the specs on them all and ford keeps pushing Highest power but driving them I would not agree at all. It is just hard to justify a $35,000 truck when I have a 2001 2500HD LT in the drive with 50,000 miles on it. I Have not had a payment since 2004 (my wife has had 4 new cars since then :huh: ) and my extra cash goes for the other toys and savings :thumbsup: right now.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GoldHunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 am

waterfowlhunter wrote:I have recently drove Ford, GM(chevrolet) and Dodge diesels, all 4 door short bed 4x4's as I am considering buying one, Personally the GM has a LOT more get up and go and just feels better in the power and handling / ride quality than a ford but the dodge interrior has them all beat IMO. I just I do not care for the interrior of the ford but I like the solid front axle and the looks of the Ford better as they sit higher than the GM's they all have nice features but for me it comes down to who will give me the best deal, Dodge offered about $2000 more for my trade and their trucks are less than ford and GM but with my dads GM discount it evens it out and I am about $8000 less than a equal fully loaded Ford.

I have reviewed the specs on them all and ford keeps pushing Highest power but driving them I would not agree at all. It is just hard to justify a $35,000 truck when I have a 2001 2500HD LT in the drive with 50,000 miles on it. I Have not had a payment since 2004 (my wife has had 4 new cars since then :huh: ) and my extra cash goes for the other toys and savings :thumbsup: right now.

The new Ford 6.7 PS does have higher hp and torque ratings than the Cummins and Durmax but remember....its a first year engine and I would tend to shy away from that. Especially given the last two PS Diesels that have been out. I will stick with my Cummins 6.7...love it!!
GoldHunter
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

GoldHunter wrote:
waterfowlhunter wrote:I have recently drove Ford, GM(chevrolet) and Dodge diesels, all 4 door short bed 4x4's as I am considering buying one, Personally the GM has a LOT more get up and go and just feels better in the power and handling / ride quality than a ford but the dodge interrior has them all beat IMO. I just I do not care for the interrior of the ford but I like the solid front axle and the looks of the Ford better as they sit higher than the GM's they all have nice features but for me it comes down to who will give me the best deal, Dodge offered about $2000 more for my trade and their trucks are less than ford and GM but with my dads GM discount it evens it out and I am about $8000 less than a equal fully loaded Ford.

The new Ford 6.7 PS does have higher hp and torque ratings than the Cummins and Durmax but remember....its a first year engine and I would tend to shy away from that. Especially given the last two PS Diesels that have been out. I will stick with my Cummins 6.7...love it!!

Agreed. I'd also be curious to know where in the powerband each motor (Duramax, Cummins, Powerstroke) make their peak hp/tq numbers...that makes a big difference too.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Sir Big Spur » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:24 pm

the new powerstrokes are kinda nerdy if you ask me, really all of the new diesels are kinda whack, i drive a ford, but would still have a new duramax over a new powerstroke, too many emissions and what not going onto these things, almost like they are trying to ban aftermarket parts for vehicles, just my opinion.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby Capt Billy Bob » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:39 am

GM, Ford....been there done that.......now Toyota all the way... :thumbsup:
Gone Fishing....Be Back for Deer Season...
Capt Billy Bob
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:28 pm

:lol: cant stand to drive a yota

GM all the way! over 11 in the family, 5 fords and they have been in the shop more than all the GM's combined. and most of the GM's have over 130,000 miles, 2 have over 250,000. But IMO all the new trucks arent made like they are talked up be. they sure dont made trucks like they used to. Im soon to be getting a 2nd Chevy truck and turn it into a mudder :yes:

oh and PS raptors are hidious and they are turds, raced 2 and killed both, they are geared lower and have a bigger motor than my truck and im pushin taller tires
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:12 am

2500hdon37s wrote::lol: cant stand to drive a yota

GM all the way! over 11 in the family, 5 fords and they have been in the shop more than all the GM's combined. and most of the GM's have over 130,000 miles, 2 have over 250,000. But IMO all the new trucks arent made like they are talked up be. they sure dont made trucks like they used to. Im soon to be getting a 2nd Chevy truck and turn it into a mudder :yes:

oh and PS raptors are hidious and they are turds, raced 2 and killed both, they are geared lower and have a bigger motor than my truck and im pushin taller tires

I thought you had a D-Max?
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:55 am

ajmorell wrote:I thought you had a D-Max?

nope, ive got a 6.0L in my truck my brother (the 16in of lift one), dad, cousin, and uncle have the duramaxes
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby tbakeranderson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:00 pm

It is Ram for me without question...but if I had to choose between Ford and Chevy I'd take Ford every day of the week.
Last edited by tbakeranderson on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tbakeranderson
hunter

Next

Return to Vehicle forum