Silverado intake

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Silverado intake

Postby Speck killer 09 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 am

I am looking for anyone who has a cold air type of truck intake. i have a 1999 silverado 4.8, and i would like to find someone who has a used intake off of their previous vehicle. I am located in CA, but i will be willing to pay shipping since it should not be all that much. Or if you know of a website that you could refer me to that has cheap intake systems.

Thanks
Speck killer 09
hunter

Re: Silverado intake

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Ebay is about the cheapest your going to find unless you got time to dig around online.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:15 pm

you can build your own out of pvc for about 40 bucks, throw a K&N on it and you're golden, built my own this spring, works great :thumbsup:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Steel Rain » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:41 am

How'd you build that intake? Did you fashion it yourself or go off of some plans?
"Being born free is a privelege. Dying free is a responsibility."
Steel Rain
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

If you can figure out how to put the MAF in I'd say building your own with PVC is the best way.
devildog28
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:54 pm

fashioned it myself, just bought pvc, 2 90 degree bends, mine were rubber, heard the pvc 90's work too, and a filter. took all the baffles out and took measurements. be sure to glue the pieces together when you do it. you can make a filter box to separate it from the engine compartment or just let the filter sit near the headlight. i'd also make a support underneath it near the filter or it might break on bumpy dirt roads.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum