Enclosed trailer recomendations and experinces

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Enclosed trailer recomendations and experinces

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 am

Ive been looking into gettin a small enclosed trailer to put all my goose decoys, duck decoys, layout blinds, and what not so it is easy for me to just hook up and go after school and not have to load and unload my truck all the time and i can just keep them locked up in there. i know i want swing open doors not a drop down gate because they can get jammed up with mud and not close. so i was wondering what is a good size for say up to 6-8 doz decoys, up to 4 layouts, blind bags, and waders ?

i was thinking in the 5x8 or 5x10 range? something easy to pull around, and small
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Re: Enclosed trailer recomendations and experinces

Postby hovey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:21 am

I run a 6x10 and fit about 14dz deekes in it with blinds and a sled. IMO go with the 6x10 because if youre like any hunter then you will just keep adding deekes and will regret buying the smaller trailer. My next trailer will be a 7x14 v-nose.
hovey
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:09 pm

see im almost positive that i will never need to bring that meany with me for where i hunt. but money is also an issue, plus ive got my truck to haul a few doz. if need be. (kinda sucks having to get in the back of my truck to get them though lol)

i was also wondering what brand of trailers people are running and how they hold up, and breaks on the trailers and such. i have no worry of pulling it, just wonderin what trailers are holding up. and il probaly get a 5ft wide because i dont have a whole lot of $$$ to spen on one

being broke in highschool sucks!

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Turkeypens15 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:49 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:see im almost positive that i will never need to bring that meany with me for where i hunt. but money is also an issue, plus ive got my truck to haul a few doz. if need be. (kinda sucks having to get in the back of my truck to get them though lol)

i was also wondering what brand of trailers people are running and how they hold up, and breaks on the trailers and such. i have no worry of pulling it, just wonderin what trailers are holding up. and il probaly get a 5ft wide because i dont have a whole lot of $$$ to spen on one

being broke in highschool sucks!

Get a job.
Woodies is all we do!
n a few greenheads

P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals
Turkeypens15
hunter

Postby hovey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 am

If you just look around for some you will more than likely come across a deal that is to good to pass up. I looked for one for about a year before the farmer i worked for decided to sell me his. My trailer is an 03 Doolittle, and i paid $1100 for it.

Try being broke and in college!
hovey
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Turkeypens15 wrote:Get a job.

got one, and working on a 2nd

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

I used to run my own flooring business. In the 8 years i had it i put over 100K on my Haulmark 6x12 enclosed and have never had to do anything to it other than repack the bearings and replace tires. This thing was loaded all the time. Bought mine new for 3K but used ones can be found cheaper.

Get a shell for your truck......
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:
Get a shell for your truck......

a shell is just not practical for me, i haul my 4 wheeler all year round from the public trails, my farm, my house, and friends and not all of our stuff will fit in my bed when we go anyways, i haul pallets for work of loads that often exceds the hight of my cab, i have a tool box i need access to, plus i hate them

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 am

gotcha...they are pretty ugly.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum