Camo seat covers installed....

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Camo seat covers installed....

Postby tbakeranderson » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Got these to protect the seats from hunting and the kiddies in the backseat. Was going to go with black or charcoal but figured a monotone with no pattern would show dirt pretty easily (though it would obviously protect the seats).

They were easy to install but just took some time - a good Friday project with a few beers.

Got these from Sportsman Camo Covers and they were $415 shipped, which includes arm rests, console cover, and headrests. Lots of others have those as extra add-ons that can run upwards of another $100. They are custom fit for each truck and each gen. Very good quality and turnaround time was ~ 2 weeks. Very nice folks and I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service. They are a small shop (it seems) and really want to offer a quality product. If you need good seat covers give them a shout.

tbakeranderson
hunter

Re: Camo seat covers installed....

Postby bassbuster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Was that price for front and back seats? I've been looking for a good set of seat covers. Are they waterproof?
bassbuster
hunter

Postby tbakeranderson » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:11 pm

bassbuster wrote:Was that price for front and back seats? I've been looking for a good set of seat covers. Are they waterproof?

Not waterproof but water-resistant. From looking around it seems like you can get neoprene that are waterproof but not as durable, or you can get durable cordura that is not 100% waterproof. These are tough as nails and it takes a sharp knife to cut them.

I will probably coat them with scotch guard annually to make sure they bead water up instead of soaking it in - should only cost $5 or so to do. Marathon seats says theirs is waterproof but if it is cordura I don't think it is. Theirs are also about $100 more when you add headrests and consoles.

It is covered in the FAQ's here...
Q: Are Sportsman Camo Covers™ waterproof?
A: No, our fabric is not waterproof, but it is extremely water-resistant. Other seat cover manufactures claim their seat covers are water proof but the fabric is only water-resistant.

From playing with them a bit, water will bead up and sit on top, but my guess is if you sat down in wet waders, over time the water would go thru - but that is only a guess.

They were $415 shipped which includes all pieces. Link is here - http://www.camotruckseats.com/index.cfm
tbakeranderson
hunter

Postby bassbuster » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks for the info looking forward to ordering them soon. They look sweet in your truck!
bassbuster
hunter

Postby bassbuster » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm

I just checked the website for seat covers for my truck and they don't have them. I'm gonna give them a call and see if the site just hasnt been updated for 2010 models.
bassbuster
hunter

Postby tbakeranderson » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 pm

bassbuster wrote:I just checked the website for seat covers for my truck and they don't have them. I'm gonna give them a call and see if the site just hasnt been updated for 2010 models.

I think they have just about everything...they used to have an online ordering capability but they recently changed their site for whatever reason...my guess is they want to ask the right questions to make sure they know exactly how your truck is configured, like how many headrests you have in the back, if it is 60/40 split in the rear which side is 60% and which is 40%, etc.

When they did have online ordering they had a ton of different options for my truck, though my truck isn't listed on there anymore...so give them a call and I am sure they will hook you up.
tbakeranderson
hunter

Postby bassbuster » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks for the info
bassbuster
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum