New Truck Tires

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, ajmorell, KCDuckMaster

New Truck Tires

Postby Theircommited10 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 pm

I posted this in the main forums but didnt see this place until later !! Looks good !! :thumbsup:

I am looking to put some fresh tires on an f-250. Contemplating between BFG A/T KO or Toyo Open County MT. Looking to hear what you have to say .

Wanting a good all-around tire but aggressive enough to take on the slop we encounter out in the field in the fall / winter here in Illinois pulling boats and trailers. But not wanting to feel/sound like driving a tractor down the pavement either.

Any other reccomendations welcome also !! Thanks & God Bless !! -Gary
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor

Re: New Truck Tires

Postby dx1187 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:20 pm

The Toyo M/T's are great tires. Long life, very little road noise if any if you keep them roated and they clean out great in the mud.
dx1187
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Toyos. The BFGs don't have enough void in the tread to spit out mud or sloppy stuff, even with a lot of wheel speed.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby GoldHunter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Toyo MTs hands down...I am on my second set on my HD Dodge and had 3 sets on an SD Ford prior, great tires. :thumbsup:
GoldHunter
hunter

Postby Capt Billy Bob » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 am

These Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 are the best all around I have found for my truck......take a look here, maybe they will be what you are looking for....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... A/T+Revo+2
Gone Fishing....Be Back for Deer Season...
Capt Billy Bob
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 am

I have a 250, 4 dr, 4wd, with 7.3...pretty heavy truck. I have been running the Nitto terra grapplers and love them. Im getting over 50k on a set, they have never left me in the mud or sand, and ride very smooth and quiet. I will buy a 3rd set after these where out. You can find them online for around 180/tire.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum