dodge durango??

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

dodge durango??

Postby huntall6 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:53 pm

i was just wonderin, about the durango. my wife really likes the way that they look and that they have a third row seat. the one that we are lookin at is a 1998 with really low miles and i was just wonderin what kind of fuel milage they get in the real world. also how they hold up over time. i briefly had a dakota and it was a great little truck but i just needed somethin big with an oval :biggrin: . thats the only expierience that i have with gas dodges. any reviews on them would be great.

o and this particular vehicle is 4X4 with a 5.2l V-8 SLT model with cloth interior and power everything.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Re: dodge durango??

Postby ajmorell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Reliability seems to be decent with them. Mileage is going to suck, probably 12-15 city and maybe 15-17 highway, but realistically probably less. I know a lot of people driving grand cherokees with 5.2s and they are reporting about those numbers for mileage in a lighter, smaller vehicle.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 pm

friends dad had one, and he loved it! held up well and was reliable, and he said he got around 16hwy with it

cupple kids at school have durangos and they beat the hell out of them and they have held up great!
20+mph in durango + curb= still not broke durango!

sorry about your oval purchase, but atleast they circled the problem! :lol3: (just bustin ur chops)
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby huntall6 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 am

2500hdon37s wrote:friends dad had one, and he loved it! held up well and was reliable, and he said he got around 16hwy with it

cupple kids at school have durangos and they beat the hell out of them and they have held up great!
20+mph in durango + curb= still not broke durango!

sorry about your oval purchase, but atleast they circled the problem! :lol3: (just bustin ur chops)

just remember, real trucks dont wear bowties. :wink:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I know several people with them and they constantly complain about the 14 to 15mpg the are getting. and they tend to rust quickly but I still like the older ones a lot, Would like to have one some day to play with. The newer style are just plain UGLY :hammer:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm

[quote="waterfowlhunter"]constantly complain about the 14 to 15mpg the are getting. quote]
wow. they complain about that?? id be jumpping for joy! I get 10mpg on a good day rolling down the high way, but thats soon to be fixed with new r/p gears :grooving:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum