Goodbye to Ford

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, ajmorell, KCDuckMaster

Goodbye to Ford

Postby charlie beard » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 pm

I have had seven new Fords and the last a 2005 F150 King Ranch which was in the shop more than out.
So I got pissed and bought a 2011 GMC with a 5.4 engine and the all terrain package.
Anybody have any input on this engine?
I have put $2,650 in the Ford since April 26 of this year.Oil leaks,new starter,actuator asy. etc. at 70,000 miles.
The other six Fords I had I had trouble with,but nothing like the last.
Your Tax dollars and mine bailed out GM. so I may as well buy their product with hope they will get back on their feet.
I do think GM is working harder on Quality Control now than Ford.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Re: Goodbye to Ford

Postby ajmorell » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:53 am

charlie beard wrote:I have had seven new Fords and the last a 2005 F150 King Ranch which was in the shop more than out.
So I got pissed and bought a 2011 GMC with a 5.4 engine and the all terrain package.
Anybody have any input on this engine?
I have put $2,650 in the Ford since April 26 of this year.Oil leaks,new starter,actuator asy. etc. at 70,000 miles.
The other six Fords I had I had trouble with,but nothing like the last.
Your Tax dollars and mine bailed out GM. so I may as well buy their product with hope they will get back on their feet.
I do think GM is working harder on Quality Control now than Ford.

I think the motor in your GMC is a 5.3 liter LS series v8. They are excellent engines. Sorry to hear about your luck with Ford.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby charlie beard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Thank you my friend.I have talked to a couple of other people that said don't worry about the engine.
Geeze I didn't think anyone was going to respond.Not many responders on here.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

nice to have a convert! :thumbsup: :clapping:

my brother and grandpa have 08 gms and neither have had problems! brother's is diesel and my grandpa's is gas, and they run great, and have never been back to the dealership! hope your happy with yours! combined my grandpa and brother have over 166,000+ miles on them!

oh yea, there is 13 gm vehicles out if 22 vehicles total (mostly trucks, from 1986-2008) in my direct family, and all run great and have held up great!

it'll be a 5.3L vortec not a 5.4l thats ford, oh yea, well at least they circled the problem on your last truck! :lol3:
my buddy also has a truck with the 5.3 and it runs like a top, not a single problem!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm

my 07 has 180,000 HARD miles on the 5.3 and it starts and runs like brand new still. good engine but not tops on power, I ca really tell when I have a load in it or hook up the trailer, but other than that I am happy with it.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sherlockbonez » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 pm

I got a 99 with the 4.8 (chev). It's got over 300 on it and the engine is still in great shape, but the rest of the truck is...tired, probably gonna pick up a newer one in a month or 2.
sherlockbonez
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Got a 03 Ford Expedition with 142,000 on it with no problems...
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby narmento17 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 pm

TOYOTA
narmento17
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:15 am

i dont know about new vehicles at all. (wouldnt buy a new one if it was 10k off) but my experience with Ford trucks (86-97) has been absolutely awesome. i do agree about the new fords, and trucks in general being less quality. i think they have really slacked off as to what a truck is meant for. i cant remember if it was chevy or ford, but one of them doesnt even offer a manual transmission in thier trucks anymore. ***???? if you do serious hauling then more than likely, you are going to want a manual. :mad: i will stick with pre '97 ford trucks as long as i possibly can.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:Got a 03 Ford Expedition with 142,000 on it with no problems...

hasnt had the heater core start leaking yet? burn a quart of oil every 2 weeks? had the wiring harness wear through the wires? needed new sway bar links because they BROKE? locks still work? very rear vent windows still open? needed a new tranny at 80k?? that most of the problems with my mom's 99' expedtion within the past 5 years, she's owned it scince new, and it currently has 158k miles on it.

so much for "built ford tough"
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Packer lakerfan4 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 pm

I have an 06' with the 5.4L and it has 175K on it...Have not a problem yet, neither has any other ford i have ever owned, Sorry you are having bad luck
Packer lakerfan4
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:Got a 03 Ford Expedition with 142,000 on it with no problems...

hasnt had the heater core start leaking yet? burn a quart of oil every 2 weeks? had the wiring harness wear through the wires? needed new sway bar links because they BROKE? locks still work? very rear vent windows still open? needed a new tranny at 80k?? that most of the problems with my mom's 99' expedtion within the past 5 years, she's owned it scince new, and it currently has 158k miles on it.

there are horror stories about plenty of chevy's too. dont get all offensive and start bashing on people's vehicles....

huntall6
State Moderator

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:41 am

huntall6 wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:

there are horror stories about plenty of chevy's too. dont get all offensive and start bashing on people's vehicles....

:ditto: I can tell you all about my friends '02 GMC Sierra 1500 that he finally got rid of after a year and a half of constant, and I mean constant problems. And my other friends '95 Silverado 1500 that he just sold.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 pm

They all break! I'm glad it makes me money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 am

Cujo1 wrote:They all break! I'm glad it makes me money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly!! thats why i don't get bashing a particular brand. now a good hearted jab every now and then is another story :tongue:

i thought you retired, Cujo??

huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 am

When you can fix stuff, you never retire!! This week mower, next fuel leak in F150, Boat motor needs work.............
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 am

2500hdon37s wrote:

Nope, haven't had any of those problems. Have driven my Expedition and my in-laws Tahoe out to Denver and I'll take my Expedition over their Tahoe any day. That Tahoe was dogging running the hills of Colorado, much more so than my Expedition.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 am

There are two kinds of roofs. Ones that leak and ones that WILL leak.

Same goes for trucks... all brands. There are trucks that are broken and ones that are going to...
Hard to say anything critical about a brand-new truck. Give it 5 years, come back and tell the rest of the story please.
Hope you don't have one to tell.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

the voice of reason has spoken. aunt B!
bluewing77
hunter

Goodbye to Ford

Postby jehler » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:56 pm

huntall6 wrote: if you do serious hauling then more than likely, you are going to want a manual.

not after you drive a duramax/Allison combo. I was blown away when I got one
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Re: Re: Goodbye to Ford

Postby huntall6 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:09 pm

jehler wrote:
huntall6 wrote: if you do serious hauling then more than likely, you are going to want a manual.

not after you drive a duramax/Allison combo. I was blown away when I got one

I've driven one, but never hauled anything with one. Only trucks, that ad Allison's, I have hauled with are big trucks.

huntall6
State Moderator

Postby boontize » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:15 pm

04 chevy 2500 hd gasser with a 6.0 never really had a problem that i aint caused the only prob i had was replaced ball joints my abuse caused and a rear differential cover just replaced started to leak
boontize
hunter

Postby boontize » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 pm

150,000 miles superchip cold air intake straight piped no muffler 3inch tips loud cranked toursion bars 33s next truck will be a dmax
boontize
hunter

Postby jerodN » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:33 pm

As a person in the auto industry the bottom line is they all suck at one point or another so just buy the one that comes in your favorite color and has the best interest rates....
jerodN
hunter

Re: Re: Goodbye to Ford

Postby huntall6 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm

jerodN wrote:As a person in the auto industry the bottom line is they all suck at one point or another so just buy the one that comes in your favorite color and has the best interest rates....

...or for people who put their vehicles to work.....buy the one that fits your application best.

There will always be this debate. And it will always be totally pointless...

huntall6
State Moderator

Next

Return to Vehicle forum