trailers?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

trailers?

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:14 pm

hey guys, i am looking into buying a trailer for my Polaris 6-wheeler and to haul a layout blind and decoys. how big of trailer would you guys recommend?

also what would a good brand be to buy? sorry for dumb questions, ILgoose
Don't let anybody look down on you because you are young; but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1st Timothy 4:12
Started from the bottom, now we here.
I hate gadwalls
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: trailers?

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:17 pm

so im a bit confused, do you want to be able to tow your 6x6 on it too??

if so i recomed something like a 6x10 or 6x12 utlity trailer and make some 2-3ft tall wood sides to hold in decoys

but look around your town/city for some good trailers, most should be pretty well built. but some good brands that have held up for me, my family, and friends around here are DOOLittle, PJ, Haulmark, Maxwell, Feather-lite, and lots of other good brands out there.

I'd also recomend atleast a 14in wheel, you'll have less trouble, and should be easier to find parts for the axle and hubs if you need them. (I highly doubt you will with a new trailer) but id also look for a used trailer they can usualy be had pretty cheap, ive seen trailers that are only say a year or 2 old go for 60-65% of the new price.

oh and BTW those 6x6s are sick! my friend has a 4x4 ranger and it blows our mule out of the water!
Last edited by 2500hdon37s on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Re: trailers?

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:20 am

2500hdon37s wrote:so im a bit confused, do you want to be able to tow your 6x6 on it too??

if so i recomed something like a 6x10 or 6x12 utlity trailer and make some 2-3ft tall wood sides to hold in decoys

but look around your town/city for some good trailers, most should be pretty well built. but some good brands that have held up for me, my family, and friends around here are DOOLittle, PJ, Haulmark, Maxwell, Feather-lite, and lots of other good brands out there.

I'd also recomend atleast a 14in wheel, you'll have less trouble, and should be easier to find parts for the axle and hubs if you need them. (I highly doubt you will with a new trailer) but id also look for a used trailer they can usualy be had pretty cheap, ive seen trailers that are only say a year or 2 old go for 60-65% of the new price.

oh and BTW those 6x6s are sick! my friend has a 4x4 ranger and it blows or mule out of the water!

thats what i meant to say. yes, i want to be able to pull it on the trailer. yea they are sick! i have never gotten even close to getting stuck on it. i want to get something soon.
Don't let anybody look down on you because you are young; but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1st Timothy 4:12
Started from the bottom, now we here.
I hate gadwalls
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum