Windsheild???

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Windsheild???

Postby Packer lakerfan4 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 pm

I have a cracked windsheild on my 06 F-150. Its about 4 inches from the bottom and runs most of the way across, probably 4-6 inches to spare on each side. It started as a chip from a rock that was there when i bought it, we had a huge snow storm last night and i went out to warm my truck up this morning and when i got in about ten minutes later it was the size it is now...My question is how long can i go with a crack this size? (Ive never had a cracked windshield) and how much do ya'll think it will be to fix it?? Also...anybody know what could of caused this? because it was not like this yesterday afternoon when i drove it for the last time before the storm him, bad.
Packer lakerfan4
hunter

Re: Windsheild???

Postby ajmorell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:50 pm

It most likely cracked because of the significant temperature difference between ambient conditions and the interior of your truck. You can drive like that as long as you want if it doesn't bother you. In some states if it obstructs your view you might have some legal obligation to get it fixed. Check to see if your insurance covers glass, a lot of places will pay your deductible.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Re: Windsheild???

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 pm

should not cost over $300 (probaly closer to 175-200) for a new one, ive had a rock chip for about 4-5 monthes now and a drop of supergule in it has kept it from spreading, and ive hit big bumps while mudding (enough to knock my fron end out of alingment), and we have had 2 big snows this year and neither has effected it. a little precautionary measures have kept it from spreading! just a tip for next time!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum