Truck Shell Problem

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, ajmorell, KCDuckMaster

Truck Shell Problem

Postby NJGilbert » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:46 am

I have a Snugtop camper shell on my 2001 Ford f150 and the latching mechanism on the back busted and the whole key and lock contraption came completely out along with the handle you turn to lock the glass in place. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacement lock mechanism or whole new back glass possibly?
The research I've done shows that snugtop dealers want about double what I paid for the whole shell a couple years ago to replace the back glass and locking mechanism... Anyone know of a fix?
________________________________________________________________________________________
Never brag on your wife or your dog, or both will do everything they can to embarrass you.
NJGilbert
hunter

Re: Truck Shell Problem

Postby hovey » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 pm

try a trailer parts sale place. usually you can get handles and locks from them.
hovey
hunter

Postby NJGilbert » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 pm

I know of a place I'll stop by this week. I'd even be up for charlie-rigging some sort of lock and handle mechanism that was cannibalized from some other product.

Thanks for the advice!
________________________________________________________________________________________
Never brag on your wife or your dog, or both will do everything they can to embarrass you.
NJGilbert
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

I bought some locks and handles from Carquest once. They may still be able to get them.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum