back up light help!!!!!!

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

back up light help!!!!!!

Postby kb9zgb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 am

Got a idea about putting additional lights on the rear bumper. I thought maybe I could tie them into the existing back up lite system. Then I thought maybe it would be better to have them separate on a toggle switch. The stock lights are fine when I do not have the trailer problem is I cant see a thing when Im backing up the boat. Any way to put a back up light on a trailer? Im not looking to Light up 1/2 the county just a little something to help with the trailer. Any tips tricks or ideas? :smile:
kb9zgb
hunter

back up light help!!!!!!

Postby trigger22 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 am

Wire up a set of spreader bar lights that will sit on the back of your boat when you are backing up. You can wire them so they will plug into a cigarette lighter or into your stern light socket whichever you prefer. Plug them in when you want to use them and unplug and remove once finished.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Re: back up light help!!!!!!

Postby kb9zgb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 am

run off the cig lighter. that is a very good idea. I already have a small flood lamp for that. excellent idea
kb9zgb
hunter

Re: back up light help!!!!!!

Postby bubba57 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:35 am

Not shure of year and model of your truck but I have an 04 Dodge and it has a backup light wired into the factory trailer plug. I now have backup lights on every trailer on the place.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum