Evacuate emissions exhaust solenoid malfuction?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Evacuate emissions exhaust solenoid malfuction?

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 am

I have a 06 chevy z71, my check engine light came on. I put my reader on it and it said evacuate emissions exhaust solenoid malfuction and I have no idea what that is. I'm guessing this means that I have a solenoid acuated valve somewhere in my exhaust system that is stuck in either the opened or closed position. Does anyone know what this is, what effects it has on my truck, and/or how to replace it? I have searched online but can't find what I'm looking for or how to replace one. I would rather do it myself than pay someone to do it if possible. Any help would be truly appreciated.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Re: Evacuate emissions exhaust solenoid malfuction?

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm

rebelp74 wrote:I have a 06 chevy z71, my check engine light came on. I put my reader on it and it said evacuate emissions exhaust solenoid malfuction and I have no idea what that is. I'm guessing this means that I have a solenoid acuated valve somewhere in my exhaust system that is stuck in either the opened or closed position. Does anyone know what this is, what effects it has on my truck, and/or how to replace it? I have searched online but can't find what I'm looking for or how to replace one. I would rather do it myself than pay someone to do it if possible. Any help would be truly appreciated.

What is the code? Google the code number and you should be able to come up with common concerns and things to check. Find some pinpoint tests online for that code to lead you the right direction :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Not sure on the code# will have to check it again, thanks man.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby william costa » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:02 pm

its a evap silinoid.it back by gas tank.on my 07 its just in front of the tank,yours may be on top of tank and may require raising the bed up to get to it.it will have a plug with wires goin to it with a couple hoses runnin from it.basically it opens when pressure dictates.so ur fumes dont vent into air.just replaced mine about a month ago some of them aint cheap mine was around 100.
william costa
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm

william costa wrote:its a evap silinoid.it back by gas tank.on my 07 its just in front of the tank,yours may be on top of tank and may require raising the bed up to get to it.it will have a plug with wires goin to it with a couple hoses runnin from it.basically it opens when pressure dictates.so ur fumes dont vent into air.just replaced mine about a month ago some of them aint cheap mine was around 100.

It was on top of the tank, I replaced it already. Thanks though.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum