18in rims

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

18in rims

Postby BEDB » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Anybody have 18 in rims? Seems pretty tough to find offroad tires for a reasonable price compared to the 17 in rims I had on the last truck
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Peru, IL


Re: 18in rims

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Both my trucks have 18's. it's honestly easier to find tires for the 18's than 17's?? What size and tire are you looking for?
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: 18in rims

Postby BEDB » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 am

whisperin' duck wrote:Both my trucks have 18's. it's honestly easier to find tires for the 18's than 17's?? What size and tire are you looking for?

I was originally lookin for general AT2's like I had on my last truck but they dont make em in 18's that will fit my truck. Then I started lookin for any kind of all terrains and the price tag on a set of all terrains is damn near twice as much as the AT2's I had on my last truck. Now I'm gunna try and find a price on toyo AT2's. My tires are P265/65R 18. What kinda tires you run?
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Peru, IL

Re: 18in rims

Postby justinduckman7 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:23 am

I have 18 on my f350 and I hate them would rather have 16 or 17 but nitto and open country have tires for the 18 but they are pricey . I'm actually in the the market for new tires to I found some bfg at ko's for bout 240 a tire. I have 275/70/18 now but thi king bout going up one more size
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 pm
Location: colona Illinois

Re: 18in rims

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 pm

I run toyo at2s on the ford and mts on the dodge. I gave less than 800 for the at2s in a 275/70/18. Around 2 months ago. Had a set of 325/60/18 ats 3 months ago for 1k and didn't like them so I pulled em off n gave em to a buddy. I haven't got a payment yet though, I should call him.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: 18in rims

Postby justinduckman7 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Where are you buying them from ? Do you have a website ?
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 pm
Location: colona Illinois

Re: 18in rims

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

I buy from atdonline.com but Toyos I buy local from gateway tire.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: 18in rims

Postby BEDB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 am

whisperin' duck wrote:I run toyo at2s on the ford and mts on the dodge. I gave less than 800 for the at2s in a 275/70/18. Around 2 months ago. Had a set of 325/60/18 ats 3 months ago for 1k and didn't like them so I pulled em off n gave em to a buddy. I haven't got a payment yet though, I should call him.

You like those toyo at2s?
Flocked Wear Field Staff
Bring 'em Down Boys Pro Staff
lock 'em n rock 'em
BEDB
hunter
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Peru, IL

Re: 18in rims

Postby 2500hdon37s » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 pm

BEDB wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:I run toyo at2s on the ford and mts on the dodge. I gave less than 800 for the at2s in a 275/70/18. Around 2 months ago. Had a set of 325/60/18 ats 3 months ago for 1k and didn't like them so I pulled em off n gave em to a buddy. I haven't got a payment yet though, I should call him.

You like those toyo at2s?

I can tell you Toyo are great tires. I'm getting Toyo open country MT's for my next set very soon.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
hunter
 
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: 18in rims

Postby whisperin' duck » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
BEDB wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:I run toyo at2s on the ford and mts on the dodge. I gave less than 800 for the at2s in a 275/70/18. Around 2 months ago. Had a set of 325/60/18 ats 3 months ago for 1k and didn't like them so I pulled em off n gave em to a buddy. I haven't got a payment yet though, I should call him.

You like those toyo at2s?

I can tell you Toyo are great tires. I'm getting Toyo open country MT's for my next set very soon.


I like em a lot. On a side note I got a set of 37 13.50 18 toyo mts with about 15k miles on them id part with....
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: 18in rims

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
BEDB wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:I run toyo at2s on the ford and mts on the dodge. I gave less than 800 for the at2s in a 275/70/18. Around 2 months ago. Had a set of 325/60/18 ats 3 months ago for 1k and didn't like them so I pulled em off n gave em to a buddy. I haven't got a payment yet though, I should call him.

You like those toyo at2s?

I can tell you Toyo are great tires. I'm getting Toyo open country MT's for my next set very soon.


I like em a lot. On a side note I got a set of 37 13.50 18 toyo mts with about 15k miles on them id part with....

not sure if serious.... :tongue:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
hunter
 
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: 18in rims

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
BEDB wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:I run toyo at2s on the ford and mts on the dodge. I gave less than 800 for the at2s in a 275/70/18. Around 2 months ago. Had a set of 325/60/18 ats 3 months ago for 1k and didn't like them so I pulled em off n gave em to a buddy. I haven't got a payment yet though, I should call him.

You like those toyo at2s?

I can tell you Toyo are great tires. I'm getting Toyo open country MT's for my next set very soon.


I like em a lot. On a side note I got a set of 37 13.50 18 toyo mts with about 15k miles on them id part with....

not sure if serious.... :tongue:


I may be serious, got a trade in the works right now but if it falls through and you're interested we could both come out ahead.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: 18in rims

Postby mudpack » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 am

justinduckman7 wrote: nitto and open country have tires for the 18 but they are pricey


That's what kills me: GOOD tires in the larger wheel diameters can be very pricey.
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 6198
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: 18in rims

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:29 pm

mudpack wrote:
justinduckman7 wrote: nitto and open country have tires for the 18 but they are pricey


That's what kills me: GOOD tires in the larger wheel diameters can be very pricey.


I paid just over $800 for toyo a/t II's mounted n balanced. You may need to try a different tire store.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7451
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas


Return to Vehicle forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest