Online purchasing

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Online purchasing

Postby macdaddy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:20 am

Has anybody used any of the online purchasing sites like "Why Pay Sticker?" I found this website which claims to be able to contact dealers' "internet department" where non commissioned sellers will deal @ to move inventory.
I've long held to the belief that anything that sounds too good to be true, is too good to be true. Am I right in this case?
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Bruno » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:32 am

I found them to be nothing more than direct advertising by email.
Bruno
hunter

Postby ncduckkiller » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Had a buddy of mine buy a SUV off the internet and since he was getting it sight unseen (except pictures) he didn't know that the seal around the windshield was leaking and had been leaking for some time. In fact you could see where they had ripped out the old carpet and exchanged it for new. Problem wasn't fixed and during a real bad thunderstorm his entire front end got flooded. It was so bad that when he opened the door the water was coming out. Took a while for the dealer he was working through to fix it.
If you hunt WITH your kids now you won't hunt FOR your kids tomorrow.
ncduckkiller
hunter

Postby fowl_wishes » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:49 pm

IT is all BS. i do not have a problem with a place like AutoTrader.com that jsut points you towards the cars. But there is no way that a company is goign to go out and look at a car for you and get you the best deal.

Places like that are on the payroll of large dealerships that want to move a large amount of cars. So if you have a POS vehicle, where woudl you put it?

I wouldnt trust them.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum