How do you go about straightpiping your exhaust?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

How do you go about straightpiping your exhaust?

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:46 pm

i bought a '69 ford F-100 and was wondering how you straightpipe the exhaust?
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:56 pm

I wouldnt straight pipe a gas rig. If you want to hollow out the cat and run the muffler youll be ok. But with no muffs you propably wont have enough backpressure. Wait on fowl wishes he seems to be the auto man.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:50 pm

it's a pre-catalitic truck, right now the original muffler's shot but i have to have one on it, so i want to be as close to straightpipe as possible with a muffler, any help is appriciated
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby fowl_wishes » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:37 am

Straight piping is really simple. Jsut do what is says, take out all exhaust components and replace it with pipe. no restrictions. but with a set up like that you will have NO backpressure,which means NO exhaust scavenging, which would lead to to a total loss of torque.

What engine is int he truck? I think there were a couple Inline-6s thgat year and one or two small V8s. Assuming it is original.

Your best bet would be to co with a larger diameter tube and runn a performance muffler. you will get the sound you are looking for, dodge a noise violation ticket, and have enough backpressure int eh system to actually get rolling.

and if you HAVE to be super loud. take everything out, replace all of the tubing fromthe manifold(s) with 2 1/2 inch tubing, put in a 36 inch cherry bomb muffler (or 24" if you dont have room) and come out of it with 2" pipe. will be the loudest thing you have ever heard.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:40 am

it's the stock engine, a 360 V8, thanks, i'll try that today after work.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby mattm25tx » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:43 pm

12 inch glass packs
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

Postby dixieduckslayer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:00 pm

"Headers"....ohhhhhhhh ya
Dixie Duck Slayers....Kentucky's Elite Duck Hunting Team
dixieduckslayer
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:56 pm

i'm going with a glasspack, i got it for ten dollars with a tailpipe
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Vehicle forum