96 Ford Explorer

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

96 Ford Explorer

Postby holton39 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Hey guys, just curious if any of you drive a 96 or so Explorer and how you like them? Mine has AWD and a 5.0 in it. Anyone done anything to them? Let me know...I'm curious. Thanks!
holton39
hunter

Re: 96 Ford Explorer

Postby ajmorell » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:50 am

holton39 wrote:Hey guys, just curious if any of you drive a 96 or so Explorer and how you like them? Mine has AWD and a 5.0 in it. Anyone done anything to them? Let me know...I'm curious. Thanks!

You can add a lot of mods to that motor internally to increase power. The only downside is that I believe that the HO motor only has 2 bolt mains and the block is known to crack with a lot of power coming out of it. Personally I would start with an intake and exhaust (including headers if they make ones clearanced for the explorer). Stay away from programmers....usually they don't net huge power gains and they require the use of premium fuel. What are you looking to do/get out of it?
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby holton39 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:22 pm

I guess I wasn't looking to get too much out of it. I like the looks of the Explorer and I thinkt they're fairly a fairly capable vehicle. It's got all the power I need to tow my little boat, so I'm happy. I was just curious if people did a lot to make them more powerful and things of that nature. Thanks for the info man!
holton39
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum