Thought on new Marathons

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Thought on new Marathons

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm

After 2 months, finally received my covers. Began installing, and right away ripped a strap right off the back rest cover. Called them and they are taking care if it no problem. But I continued on the other seat, and I'm not seeing the fit that I expected. There are a couple spots mainly on the front edge of the bottom cover (knee area), especially on the corners, that seem to have a little extra material and kinda stick up to a point. The single Velcro strap sewn to the back of the bottom cover also seems too wide and the edges had to be folded up when tucked between the backrest and bottom. There are wrinkles in the bottom I guess where I can't get the outside edges tucked in the plastic far enough due to the seat positioning controllers. And I have no idea how you could possibly fish the side straps on the bottom covers through all the junk under the seat, let alone strap them tight. Anyway, I gave up at this point and am just not too happy after the cash and wait period. Maybe I was just expecting too much...we will see how the rest comes together
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Re: Thought on new Marathons

Postby California Sprig » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 am

My marathons fit very good. It's hard to tell that they are covers. All the comments I have heard regarding marathons has been favorable. They are a first class company and will work with you to resolve your problems.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum