Problems with CD player...Chevy

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Problems with CD player...Chevy

Postby KAmallard » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Anyone have problems with your c.d. players in a '03 or heard of anything. I don't want to replace it with an aftermarket. Its AC delco. The problem started after about 60,000. At first it would only pull the disc about half way in before kicking it out. Then it would not play new cd's. It would only play ones with a little wear on them. Now it will play all cd's fine for approximately one minute. Then it quits and spits the disc out and reads "check cd." These are brand new discs. I've tried cleaning it.
Also, ever since the truck was new, the c.d.'s always come out piping hot.
A true man of honor feels humbled himself when he cannot help humbling others.
Robert E. Lee
Kappa Alpha Order - Spiritual Founder
KAmallard
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:18 pm

The only comment I can add is that when most CD players eject the CD the CD is hot. It has been that way with every CD player I have ever had.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Kiskadinna » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:13 pm

I agree- every car CD player I've had sends 'em out hot. As far as the problem, I would be inclined to say buy a new delco if you don't want an after market one. CD players are a little finicky in my experience, and even if you're issue was a fixable one, its probably not worth the cost when compared to dropping a new one in.
It's stupid that it's doing it when your truck isn't that old, but I've had home systems and car decks crap out just past the factory warranty period.
-Erik
Kiskadinna
Super Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:16 pm

chevy cd players seem to act up a lot. i got an aftermarket in mine i love it.

are your cd's burned? if they are do you put labels on them?
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby KAmallard » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:00 pm

No labels, However I do run a lot of burned disk. The problem originally started with new LEGAL cd's.
I read a few reviews. Bearings are mentioned quite a lot, in case of the heat. I called a salvage yard, and the best they can do is $250. I'd rather listen to the radio, and buy another shotgun.
Robert E. Lee
KAmallard
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 pm

my stock player didnt play burns well, and it didnt wont to eject them. i got fed up with it and got a nice panasonic that works well.
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby KAmallard » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:53 pm

I don't really want to go aftermarket. I have steering controls, and I have never seen an aftermarket head fit perfectly. I did it in highschool with my '86, but that was then. The rest of the system is great, two 10"s, and an xplod amp.
Robert E. Lee
KAmallard
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

oh i didnt know bout steerin controls. dont go aftermarket then! you'll lose that and steering wheel controls are the greatest thing ever put in a vehicle. i have a 99. so i dont have to worry
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:48 pm

Greenhead Grappler wrote:oh i didnt know bout steerin controls. dont go aftermarket then! you'll lose that and steering wheel controls are the greatest thing ever put in a vehicle. i have a 99. so i dont have to worry

Just because you go aftermarket doesn't mean you have to lose steering wheel controls. They make adapters so that you can still use them. An aftermarket head unit will also make your system perform much better as the ouputs to the amp will be higher voltage.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:50 pm

ajmorell wrote:
Greenhead Grappler wrote:oh i didnt know bout steerin controls. dont go aftermarket then! you'll lose that and steering wheel controls are the greatest thing ever put in a vehicle. i have a 99. so i dont have to worry

Just because you go aftermarket doesn't mean you have to lose steering wheel controls. They make adapters so that you can still use them. An aftermarket head unit will also make your system perform much better as the ouputs to the amp will be higher voltage.

but how much does the adapter cost?
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:34 am

I'm not sure. I think it might depend on the aftermarket head unit you buy and the vehicle it is going in. Ebay may be a good place to look for it for cheap.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Bruno » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:08 am

Get a MP3 player and car adapter, You can go cheap for under a $100 or spend more. I like it because I don't have to haul a bunch of cd's around from car to car to boat to truck.
Bruno
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum