Master craft mxt tires

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Master craft mxt tires

Postby no3topqb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Any one have any experience with these tires? I will definitely need new tires before next duck season so I'm just looking around right now. My local tire shop can get these at a decent price so now I'm curious about them...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
no3topqb
hunter

Re: Master craft mxt tires

Postby no3topqb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Here they are...

no3topqb
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:44 pm

They're made by Cooper if I'm not mistaken. But they are cheaper for a reason, lesser components used. like softer rubber so they will wear faster. not getting your money's worth IMO. I've seen a set or two around town.

Honestly I would look at Toyo AT 2 tires, Hankook dynapro ATM's, or Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's if you're looking for a great all terrain tire that will last. Or Toyo MT, Hankook dynapro MT, Nitto trail grapplers, or Firestone MT if you're looking for a good mud tire that will last and all of those listed are very quiet mud tires with the firestones being the nosiest, and still not bad.

Whatever you do, do NOT get the "mud claw" tires or Federal Couragia tires. they wear extremely fast! I have friends with both sets and they've got their tires after I've had my mud grapplers, and they've already replaced them and I'm still rolling on my mud grapplers with 40,000+ miles on them and some life left.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby no3topqb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm currently runnin the toyo at and I really like them. I was thinking about getting something a little more aggressive... may look into the nitto mt.

no3topqb
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:21 pm

no3topqb wrote:I'm currently runnin the toyo at and I really like them. I was thinking about getting something a little more aggressive... may look into the nitto mt.

the trail grapplers are a dang good tire, I have mud grapplers and my brother, cousin, and 3 friends have had trail grapplers and we've all had great luck with them! My brother is replacing his 325/50/22 trail grapplers next week with the exact same tire because he likes them so much.. and its hard to find a mud tire that holds up to a heavy 700HP diesel truck. And the trails are MUCH quieter than the mud grappler. I like Nitto's as mine have served me much better than I expected.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby no3topqb » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

I looked at the nitto at before I got the toyos. My local tire shop said the toyo was a better tire... I guess his opinion.

no3topqb
hunter

Postby justinduckman7 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:00 am

These are the cheaper version of my cooper st maxx tire . I like my coopers they do very well on and off road and wear very well and I'm running them on a 350 crew long box diesel
(IF IT FLIES IT DIES AND IF IT SITS THEIR IT STILL DIES ) Let's go shoot their faces off
justinduckman7
hunter

Postby no3topqb » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for all the replies. I really don't drive my truck that much as I have a little work car to save on gas. I want a 35" tire but no bfg... bad luck with them in the past. Pretty much narrowed it down to trail grapplers or toyo mt.

no3topqb
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:39 pm

I like the toyo at 2 a lot. I run them on my f250 now. The toyo mts are awesome but noisy, I've ran them on my 250 a while but moved them over to my jeep after I sold my 37" nitto trail grapplers. The nittos are significantly quieter than the toyo but don't look as mean for some reason.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Aww hell toyo mt's and trail grapplers are pretty quiet in the mud tire world! only a drone humm to them, where as boggers, mud grapplers and the like sound like an air plane is following you around.

OP have you checked out the Mickey Thompson ATZ p3's?? The look like a really aggressive all terrain, my buddy had a set of the original ATZ's on one of his trucks and they lasted a dang good time for how he abused them (I'm talkin' standing burn outs) and I've seen him go through some pretty deep stuff with them, and was making it through a hole that a yukon with 33in mud claws got stuck in!

really my next tires are between the ATZ P3's and the toyo MT. and the ATZ's are lighter... :yes:

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:01 pm

I had a set of toyo mts on my f150 and they were damn near silent. the mud grapplers I have on my powerstroke now sound like a plane taking off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum