After Market Warranty??

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

After Market Warranty??

Postby Slack Tide » Wed May 07, 2014 6:21 am

What's your opinion on buying extended warranties?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: After Market Warranty??

Postby cluckmeister » Wed May 07, 2014 10:47 am

Before the age of the computer and 80 to a 100 dollar and hour labor charges, I didn't purchase extended warranties. The last three vehicles I bought I felt it was a necessity. On The last SUV I bought in February I bought a 24 month, 20,000 mile bumper to bumper for 1750 bucks. The bottom line is, its just a insurance policy
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed May 07, 2014 10:56 am

cluckmeister wrote:Before the age of the computer and 80 to a 100 dollar and hour labor charges, I didn't purchase extended warranties. The last three vehicles I bought I felt it was a necessity. On The last SUV I bought in February I bought a 24 month, 20,000 mile bumper to bumper for 1750 bucks. The bottom line is, its just a insurance policy

This one is 4 years/60k miles for $2400
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed May 07, 2014 3:36 pm

600 a year equals about 6 hours labor at todays rates, Id do it and not think twice
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed May 07, 2014 4:22 pm

cluckmeister wrote:600 a year equals about 6 hours labor at todays rates, Id do it and not think twice

Excellent point....especially if you (like me) are trailering into salt water and driving on the beach.....(more salt)
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu May 08, 2014 8:29 am

It could go either way, you could buy it and never use it or buy it and use the crap out of it. Just read over it real good because sometimes they've got loopholes all in the paper work that end up denying certain things or you have to pay for the repair then send everything in for approval and get reimbursed.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Thu May 08, 2014 9:21 am

I've been very lucky over the years, my F250 never had a problem more than general maintenance....the new GMC is doing great and I don't have any reason to think I'll have a problem...I just got the thing in the mail and it seems really comprehensive...so I got started thinking....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu May 08, 2014 10:08 am

Slack, just read and digest every thing in the contract. As I said earlier, its like insurance you don't use it until you need it, but if you don't have it you cant use it.
cluckmeister
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum