1998 Z71 CD PLAYER!!!!

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

1998 Z71 CD PLAYER!!!!

Postby hurricane658 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:07 am

I have a 98 Z71 and all of the sudden my cd player quit working on me! ive tried a few things to see if i could get it working, but nothing has worked yet. i love the stock cd player b/c i dont have to worry about some moron breaking into my truck and stealing the system, but i cant see myself paying 800 bucks at a dealership to have a new one put in. im a little wary of going to a junkyard or ebay to see if i can get another stock. any of yall had this happen to ya? and if so, what did ya do?

thanks gentlemen
JAZZ
hurricane658
hunter

Postby fowl_wishes » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:28 am

My Mom had it happen to her on her 97 after 4 years and her 02 after 3 years.Both times she went back to the dealership. I think it was a total of $600 the last time she got it done on her 02 Tahoe.

That security feature seems like a good idea, but it is just a gimmick. it does not stop anyone from stealing your "system". It just disables the head unit. so they still have you stuff, they just cant use it.
Shoot'em close. Less to pick.

They might get my guns, but they'll get the bullets first !
fowl_wishes
Forum & State Moderator

Postby flocknockerpa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:54 am

just go to a local stereo shop and pick one up there. for the price of them anymore you can get a nice one for real cheap.
flocknockerpa
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum