selling jeep buying quad

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

selling jeep buying quad

Postby 1 of each » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 am

need some advice on what quad to buy thinking of a Polaris 500 any info would be appreciated
just because there is a blind in a rice check doesn't mean theres any ducks
1 of each
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:40 pm

Well your going to get alot of mixed info but i'm a big atv guy and have ridein for years and ride with guys that have all different types. First how big of a guy are you and what sort of experience do you have? What will the wheeler be used for? I ride a 800 and love it. Its pretty heavy which is why you need to be in good shape even with the winch. My wife rides a 500 and its perfect for her. It doesn't enough power for me though. The problem with polaris is that they can overheat if you let the radiator gunk up. I removed the outer covers and seems to work out better also helps to get to the rad better too. Other than that I love it, it has way more power than I need but its great because I can use it like a bulldozer. I've gotten in the mud holes behind people and pushed them right out. If it were me i'd go with the 700 if your are scared of the 800.

My buddy has the king quad 700 and it seems to be a pretty good bike. I don't like brutes, had to many problems with the guys that I rode with, not that there bad bikes just not my preference. Hondas are pretty reliable just not much of a muddin bike, good for around the farm. Grizz's are pretty good too with there fancy power sterring but there hell to work on and especially if you break down in the field. Theres panels on top of panels and bars wrapped around bars and all your stuff that you need to get to is all tucked away. Anyhow good luck and i'd test drive as many as you can.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:06 am

ive got a kawasaki 220 bayue and i love it!! it may be small but deff keeps up with the young guns on the trail :thumbsup:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby Big Zipper » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:52 pm

You are gonna miss your jeep trust me I miss mine all the time.
Big Zipper
hunter

Postby whackem&stackem » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:09 pm

are you looking for a sport quad or work quad?
whackem&stackem
hunter

Postby 919QuackerStacker » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:22 am

can am anything they are the best on the market right now
shoot first ask questions later
919QuackerStacker
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum